Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/13/2002 1:01:22 PM EDT
Saw a guy at the range today and he had a small tasco red dot scope that was illuminated and he could change the intensity.  He let me shoot it a few times.  I kept both eyes open and i really was impressed with it.

What is the name (type) of this scope.  What are some of the good ones that are made?

Manufacturers?

Keep in mind that i have a colt preban carbine
(car 15).

Thanks.......
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 2:28:49 PM EDT
[#1]
It might be a Tasco Accu-Dot. I have one that I use for close in work on my Bushy. So for it's been pretty durable and it hold zero. Best of all I bought it off a friend for $20.
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 2:31:08 PM EDT
[#2]
wanna sell or trade that Colt Carbine ????????

there are several "red dot" scopes & sighting devices i have a Tasco red dot on one of my "short range" guns & lyke it for it's intended purpose, i am in the process of selecting three different scopes/sighting devices in the next few months for my ARs, they all will be carry handle mounted, i plan on wryting up a "plinkers" report when i get them & have used them long enuff to form a "plinkers" opinion........
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 2:39:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Now that Tasco has gone belly up there are some great deals on these.  I just got two in the mail today from Natchez Shooters Supply for $25 each.  The warranty is not worth anything, but the one I bought 2 years ago is still going strong, and for $25 who cares?  They come with a sunshade, rings, and an extra battery.  

By the way, I think trijicon or somebody else makes a sight with just a red dot in  a black field.  If you view it with both eyes open your brain superimposes the dot on the target seen with the other eye.  I think it is called the OEG or "occluded eye gunsight".  Has anyone ever tried this with the lens cap for the aimpoint on the objective end?  Does it work?
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 2:43:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the replies.  I was really impressed with that scope.  I have some silly questions reguarding them though......

I have havent ever looked through one befor.  Its cool.  Is that scope considered "durable"?

I would like to have something useful up to 300 yards.

"red dot scopes for dummies" is what i should have named this post.  Cause its obvious i dont know shit about 'em.

Tasco, bushnell, leupold, simmons??????

Yeah, i also intend to mount it on top of the handle  (A2).

Thanks again for the help.

Link Posted: 6/13/2002 2:47:16 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Now that Tasco has gone belly up there are some great deals on these.  I just got two in the mail today from Natchez Shooters Supply for $25 each.  The warranty is not worth anything, but the one I bought 2 years ago is still going strong, and for $25 who cares?  They come with a sunshade, rings, and an extra battery.  

By the way, I think trijicon or somebody else makes a sight with just a red dot in  a black field.  If you view it with both eyes open your brain superimposes the dot on the target seen with the other eye.  Has anyone ever tried this with the lens cap for the aimpoint on the objective end?  Does it work?

Damn dude.....25 bucks?!!?  WOW!!!

I agree.  You couldnt loose.
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 4:58:15 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Thanks for the replies.  I was really impressed with that scope.  I have some silly questions reguarding them though......

I have havent ever looked through one befor.  Its cool.  Is that scope considered "durable"?  no

I would like to have something useful up to 300 yards.Won't do it, the dot will be too large.

"red dot scopes for dummies" is what i should have named this post.  Cause its obvious i dont know shit about 'em.

Tasco, bushnell, leupold, simmons??????Leupold-Gilmore, they are still around and well worth the price.

Yeah, i also intend to mount it on top of the handle  (A2).Not a problem

Email me if you have any questions about pricing on various models, I may not stock them all but I do have access to most and will give you a baseline price even if you're not planning on ordering from me.

Jake
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 7:04:07 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have havent ever looked through one befor.  Its cool.  Is that scope considered "durable"?  no

I would like to have something useful up to 300 yards.Won't do it, the dot will be too large.

Tasco, bushnell, leupold, simmons??????Leupold-Gilmore, they are still around and well worth the price.

Yeah, i also intend to mount it on top of the handle  (A2).Not a problem

Email me if you have any questions about pricing on various models, I may not stock them all but I do have access to most and will give you a baseline price even if you're not planning on ordering from me.

Jake

Hmmmm......Decisions...Decisions...Decisions...

Thanks for info sir.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top