Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/13/2002 9:06:43 AM EDT
I just got a Remington 788 in .308, well used.  I am looking for another mag, and a synthetic stock.  Does anyone have any sources?  Also, how far down can I dissemble the blot and how?  I see the roll pins down well recessed, but is that the only method?  Thanks in advance.  This is my first bolt action!

Art in KY

Edited to correct model#
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 9:15:20 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a 788 in .243. Midway use to have a syn. stock for the 788. As far as a mag. I think wal-mart use to carry them. I want to say I've seen them in outer sporting goods stores. You might check e-bay or gun broker.
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 9:16:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Your best bet for mags is most likely Auctionarms www.auctionarms.com or Gunbroker.com www.gunbroker.com and maybe even e-bay.

You can call Remington and they will give you a list of people who bought out their remaining stock of 788 products.

I bought 2 788 6mm mags off of auction arms a year ago.
As far as a synthetic stock, Ram-line may be your best bet.

Good Luck!

GIB
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top