Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/12/2002 6:12:35 AM EDT
Hey,
I just ordered a BushmasterXm15. However, it has come to my attention that as an NJ resident, it might be illegal for me to own any magazine over 15 rds regardless of whether it's pre or post ban. So I can't buy any 30 rd magazines?
My next question, I suppose, is are there any pre-ban 15 rd magazines? And who makes the best 10 rd magazines?
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 6:47:23 AM EDT
[#1]
yes, you are right. NJ bans all hi-cap mags over (15 rnds) for semi auto firearms. It used to allow people to block the mags but now the blocked mags are also banned.
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 6:51:13 AM EDT
[#2]
The new style Bushmaster 10 round mags work great, I have 10 of them they all work perfectly.  You should receive 1 or 2 of them with the rifle and you can order more from www.bushmaster.com/shopping/magazines/8448670-10.asp directly.

Oh yeah, welcome to the board!  What part of Nazi Jersey are you in?  Where do you shoot?
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 7:35:29 AM EDT
[#3]
When did the blocked magazines become banned?
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 7:41:24 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
When did the blocked magazines become banned?

I don't remember the exact details, but if memory serves me correctly, someone
(State Police?) decided that the temporary blocking of the magazines was no longer acceptable, that they had to have a 'permanent' block that couldn't be removed. The decision was recent (a few weeks ago). Do a search on the board here...there are a number of postings related to it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top