Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/11/2002 9:41:52 PM EDT
I need to know how to tell if the pistol is German made or American, I know this subject has been covered before but I lost my info, thanks guys.
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 10:00:20 PM EDT
[#1]
The Walther P99 is German made and imported into the US. They are now imported by Walther USA (also known as S&W), before this they were imported by Interarms. They are great guns I carry one myself. P99/40
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 10:15:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I have shot their 9mm version. I HATE that little bump inside the trigger guard, it irritates the crap out of me. It also is a damn fine accurate little gun. If I had the $$$, I'd buy one just because.
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 10:55:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 4:14:49 AM EDT
[#4]
They say "Made In Germany" and ACHTUNG: WARNHINWEISE BEACHTEN on the frame.

Walther proofmarks on the frame, slide and on the barrel. The slide is marked "Walther P99" (or P990 for the DAO), the frame and barrel are marked "WALTHER".

Matching serial numbers on the frame, slide and the original barrel (threaded barrles don't have a serial number).

It doesn't say SW anywhere.
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 7:53:07 AM EDT
[#5]
I never said the gun said S&W on it. BUT actually it does say S&W next to the .40 on the barrel (talking about the round) if you want to get technical. But I said Walther USA also known as S&W.........
Taken directly from Walther USA website:
Walther America
2100 Roosevelt Avenue
Springfield, MA 01102-2208
800-372-6454 Fax: 413-747-3682
Taken directly from S&W website:
Postal Mail:
Smith & Wesson
2100 Roosevelt Avenue
Springfield, MA 01104
I never said they made P99s only imported them
they make their own version the SW99
Mine was imported by Interarms before S&W started importing them.
http://www.smith-wesson.com
http://www.walther-usa.com
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top