Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/11/2002 11:15:59 AM EDT
I was in a pawn shop a month or so ago and they had an AR Pistol that was called "Carbon Light" or something like that.  It looked like it was Plastic and the upper was configured with a Sci-Fi look.

Has anyone got any info on these?

Thanks,
Maxwell
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 11:28:08 AM EDT
[#1]
It sounds like a Carbon 15. An AR pistol made mainly from carbon fiber rather than aluminum its also available as a rifle in several versions.

The pistols seem to be fairly accurate and reliable with good mags and decent ammo.
How much were they asking for it?
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 11:30:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 11:32:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Sounds like one of the Professional Ordinance Carbon 15's.  I believe they've had some problems; I would do a search.
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 11:34:39 AM EDT
[#4]
I think the price was around $850.  I am thinking of getting it and putting a metal pistol upper and a colapsable stock on it.  Is there any performance/legal reason why I cannot/shouldnot do this?

Thanks again.
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 11:48:20 AM EDT
[#5]
While you can legally convert a pistol into a rifle, it must be in post ban form, so a collapsible stock is out and I don't think that a standard upper will fit the carbon fiber lower anyway.

You would be much better off starting from a normal aluminum receiver.
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 12:27:25 PM EDT
[#6]
A member on this board built this cool AR pistol. I forget who, but I am sure someone here might know. Perhaps he can help you get what you want.
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 12:41:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Another view of AR pistol.
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 2:55:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 6:02:06 PM EDT
[#9]
carbon 15 guns dont use AR parts. they might use a few internals (trigger group) but cant axcept ar uppers. they do make an AR upper for standard lowers, but they look gay.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top