Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/11/2002 11:03:08 AM EDT
I've read the threads on bump firing and it looks like a lot of fun! But I'm a bit paranoid about using my pre-ban bushy for fear of damaging it. I do have an old pre-ban mini-14 that's very inaccurate. I put away the original wood folding stock for safe keeping and put a light Butler folder on it. Would it work on the Mini-14? By the way, the videos on Willies page are a gas! That evil laugh after bump firing the AR has my undivided attention!
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 11:09:14 AM EDT
[#1]
The bump firing videos can be found here, along with several videos of real Class III goodness......

members.cox.net/wbarnett12

Of course, my recommendation is to BUMP !!!
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 11:13:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for posting the URL 223, I can never seem to make it clickable even with the ] stuff. By the way, where are you in AZ? I'd love to learn from an experianced bumper! Maybe in the fall when it's not so friggin hot.
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 12:42:34 PM EDT
[#3]
az_larry - I wouldn't worry too much about damaging an AR15 by bump firing it! It was designed to be full auto to begin with. All you are doing by bump firing is pulling the trigger really really fast.
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 1:25:16 PM EDT
[#4]
A friend and myself just recently just learned to do the "bump". Very cool. I was laughing so hard the first time. Took about 5 minutes to stop enough to shoot again.

Did the bump with the FAL, too. Way cool. People thought we had real title 2 guns. It was awsome. Gets expensive, though.

Looking to get a real M16 this year if things go right. I got the bug now. I'm jonesin' real hard now.
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 1:41:14 PM EDT
[#5]
I shot a Reising today at the range. A guy was shooting it and I asked what it was he let me shoot a mag. Went thru 25 rounds of .45 in about a second! FA guys are usually very nice. I've got a Vector Uzi coming so I'll be joining the FA club if my paperwork ever gets done. I'm an FFL/SOT but can't get a leo letter. I'm going the military route since thats my real application anyway. Then I'm going to get some fun stuff. I can't see paying over 6500 for a used M16 when a brand new FA Colt is only about a grand. Transferables are incredibly expensive. Until then I'm going to learn the bump. If any of you AZ guys are near Tucson let me know.
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 2:58:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 4:36:49 PM EDT
[#7]
I wouldn't worry about damaging the gun.

The Rangemaster may consider you an assclown.
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 8:04:30 PM EDT
[#8]
What range?
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 8:17:20 PM EDT
[#9]
bigyeti,

we gotta go shootin together somday soon......, yaa what range !!!

Link Posted: 6/11/2002 8:20:57 PM EDT
[#10]
OK Can someone please tell me what BUMP FIRING is? I've searched the net, I've been in the military, and I work at a gun shop/range and I've never heard the expression.

How is it done?
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 8:27:51 PM EDT
[#11]
I can not imagine that "bump Firing" with 5 rounds in the mag can be fun Capt_Canuck!!

Link Posted: 6/11/2002 8:38:32 PM EDT
[#12]
I see your familiar with our screwed up laws. You can still hold as many as you like in .22 cal. I wouldn’t mind "bump firing my 10/22."
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 8:45:58 PM EDT
[#13]
A 10/22 probably wont do it due to lack of recoil.

The concept is basically hold the fore grip of the gun, stick you finger near the trigger and keep it stiff. Pull front of gun and viola you should be doing the "bump"!!

Link Posted: 6/11/2002 9:11:16 PM EDT
[#14]
We learnd of "Bump firing" a few years ago, I was sitting down, useing my knee for a rest and my back lightly agaist the truck and well we got one hell of a wake up call.
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 9:14:04 PM EDT
[#15]
I can't wait to bump fire my FAB 10!!
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 6:39:33 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
bigyeti,

we gotta go shootin together somday soon......, yaa what range !!!

We need an AZ shoot!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top