Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/10/2002 11:16:42 PM EDT
I'm thinking whether or not I should add a Mk. 23 SOCOM w/ gemtech suppressor to my little class 3 collection.

What do you guys think about this gun?
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 11:54:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Just get a Tactical with a suppressor.. its about 800 bucks cheaper and you can use regular USP45 mags with the tactical.. the mk23's mags can only be used with it.. mk23's barrel is right handed threads and the tactical is left handed if im not mistaken
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 6:05:55 AM EDT
[#2]
muwahahaha

There can be only one
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 8:37:21 AM EDT
[#3]
the mk 23 is a massive mother
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 9:14:13 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a Tactical with a KAC suppressor, like QuietShootr. Prior to my purchse, I had handled and shot a SOCOM some. I decided on a Tactical because it was smaller (still a large gun). It is also about $800 cheaper, which made the can doable. All the avaiable USP accessories fit (esp. the Surefire light).

I like this gun a lot - great shooter. The can is probably the best I have. Makes me want to pop for a KAC for my M16.
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 11:34:07 AM EDT
[#5]
I like this gun a lot - great shooter. The can is probably the best I have. Makes me want to pop for a KAC for my M16.

Hey Buzz, can you get a KAC with 2 Nielsons so you can use on a Tac and a Mark 23 or is it integrated in the can?

Link Posted: 6/11/2002 11:42:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 2:05:14 PM EDT
[#7]
I own a Mark23 and love it. I paid $1590 for it here in Norway. The Tactical was about $1270 so I wouldn't have saved much money by getting that...
I also bought a B&T Impulse IIa suppressor.

Granted its a big gun, but that didn't matter for my use. It's comfortable in the Safariland 6004...
It's the handgun I don't think I'll ever sell.

Link Posted: 6/11/2002 2:19:43 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I own a Mark23 and love it. I paid $1590 for it here in Norway. The Tactical was about $1270 so I wouldn't have saved much money by getting that...
I also bought a B&T Impulse IIa suppressor.

Granted its a big gun, but that didn't matter for my use. It's comfortable in the Safariland 6004...
It's the handgun I don't think I'll ever sell.

Lovely, lovely Sig.  You Europeans make me sick!
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 3:20:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Yep, been giving a lot of thought to the H&K USP45 Tactical myself lately. I may just have to break down and get one here in about 3 weeks or so.
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 3:58:28 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm glad I got the Mark23 instead of the Tactical, but that is because the size doesn't matter for my intended use. And the extra cost wasn't all that much. But is it worth an extra $800? From a rational, logical point of view I'd say "no".  My best advise would be to try and locate some owner/dealer who has both guns and then try them on the range. Buy the one which you like the most. Don't worry about which choice is the most "sane". ;)

Quoted:
Lovely, lovely Sig.  You Europeans make me sick!

thanx.

I got a couple more pics:

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top