Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/10/2002 8:54:56 PM EDT
I have a Glock 19 which i purchased right when they first came out. I've been reading a few for sale adds which mention updates/mods to Glocks.

Exactly what mods/updates are they speaking of and why do they need to be done??

Thanks
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 9:31:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Personal preference. The first change (IIRC) was the finger grooves on the front of the grip. Then the flashlight rails came later....

Scott

P.S. I have a first generation Glock 17, and I have never heard about any internal mods needed for safety or anything...

(EDITED CAUSE I FLIP LETTERS A LOT)

Link Posted: 6/10/2002 9:45:06 PM EDT
[#2]
There's also mods such as lighter trigger groups. Glocks, as a whole, are pretty strong wepaons. The only exception seems to be the 22/23s which have documented kabooms.
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 9:48:43 PM EDT
[#3]
If it is a factory "upgrade", they are referring to an upgrade kit that was placed into all Glocks after about a year or so of production. It consists of a new trigger bar mechanism and firing pin safety. Find an armorer and he can do it in about 2 minutes.
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 9:50:00 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
There's also mods such as lighter trigger groups. Glocks, as a whole, are pretty strong wepaons. The only exception seems to be the 22/23s which have documented kabooms.

I always wonder if maybe Glock should have designed a new frame for the .40s, instead of using the 9MM Glock 17 frame. Seems like almost everytime you hear about a KA-BOOM!! it is in a .40...

Scott

Link Posted: 6/10/2002 10:04:39 PM EDT
[#5]
This is the 3 generations I know of.

1st Generation. No finger grooves, no rail. There was no Orange peel type finish on the grip.

2nd Generation. Orange Peel Type finish on the grip.

3rd Generation Finger Grooves and Laser rail for mounting stuff.
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 10:35:29 PM EDT
[#6]
The best mods are to upgrade the slide to one from a 1911.  It won't fit on a Glock frame, so you upgrade the frame to one from a 1911.  Also, don't forget to buy a 1911 match barrel.  Several companies make good choises.  I almost forgot, you'll also have to add-in a few small parts.  Then, you'll have the ultimate Glock. (zoom, who has been waiting for a while to use this lame joke)
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 11:27:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 7:17:05 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
The best mods are to upgrade the slide to one from a 1911.  It won't fit on a Glock frame, so you upgrade the frame to one from a 1911.  Also, don't forget to buy a 1911 match barrel.  Several companies make good choises.  I almost forgot, you'll also have to add-in a few small parts.  Then, you'll have the ultimate Glock. (zoom, who has been waiting for a while to use this lame joke)

Well, you got a laugh out of me!

Link Posted: 6/11/2002 7:48:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for the info.I'll call glock in the morning and see if the upgrade is still available

thanks again
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 9:56:47 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I always wonder if maybe Glock should have designed a new frame for the .40s, instead of using the 9MM Glock 17 frame. Seems like almost everytime you hear about a KA-BOOM!! it is in a .40...

Scott

It isn't the frame that causes the kabooms, it's the unsupported chamber. With the 40's higher chamber pressures it needs that support, apparently.
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 5:13:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top