Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/10/2002 3:09:45 PM EDT
that cheap lyttle Leapers scope did what it was intended to do..., help me decide whether i want to scope some of my AR-15s wyth scopes, so rather that get one for $2,000, thats my budget, alloted by my wonderful wife.....

i have looked at Trijicon, IOR, Red Dots etc. & others i want 3 scopes that i can mount to carry handles, as i plan on moving them from one AR to another......

give me three recomendations.........

Link Posted: 6/11/2002 5:14:35 AM EDT
[#1]
WHAT...........??

51 looks & no replys ??????

y'll were quick to flame me for wanting to buy a Leapers, but no one wants to recomend their favorite & why they recomend it ??

Thanx..............
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 5:24:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 5:28:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Leapers is a hit or miss proposition.  My buddies was working fine, then it crapped during zeroing.  I noticed 3 of the 4 attachment screws laying on the bench.

Try your Leapers in extreme conditions, try "shooting the box" with the adjustments and try banging it around a bit, and then get back to us with how it's doing.

What to get next depends on what you want to do with it.

For 2 legged hunting, aka a survival scope, I'm big on the Trijicon products.  I've got a Reflex II and a compact ACOG.  I would highly recommend both.  I've got a Tasco Super Sniper M that is very nice for the money.

Take a look at some of our Optics Reviews for more.
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 5:30:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Let me get this straight, your wife is allegedly allowing you to spend two grand on optics...and you're wanting to buy Leapers? I want you to send me your AR right now!!! You don't deserve to have one. :-)

For much less than two grand the Leupold Mark 4 CQ/T 1–3x14mm Close Quarter/Tactical Scope and another of your choice for longer range will do you fine.

Leapers...two grand....hahahahahahahahaha
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 6:40:01 AM EDT
[#5]

apparently some folks do not read very well.....

i already got the Leapers, & the only reason i got it was to spend as lyttle money as possible to find out if i lyke scopes on my ARs..., I LYKE'M, so now i am going to buy a few GOOD scopes, i only have 7 ARs now, but plan on having at least one pre-ban of each configuration from each of the manufacturers......

my wife thynks that wud be neat to have one of each, she is as much a gun nut as i am....., maybe even more !!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 6:45:53 AM EDT
[#6]
I sorta did the same.  "tried some cheapies to see if I liked the concept and feel of each, without throwing $$ away on something that I may not like"... We have a Leapers on the wife's shorty, a cheap red dot on my shorty and a Nikon Deer scope on a 20 inch bushy..   The leapers is OK but worthless in low light situations..   The red dot works great on a shorty for those shots out to 100yds..  My next step will be to get a good red dot to replace the El Cheapo cause I like the quick acqusition.   My only concern is whether to get a standard red dot or an EOTech style..  I need to know the merits of both but have plenty of time, since I gotta save the dough...   The Regular Riflescope (nikon) on the 20 inch Bushy works great for the 100 plus bench shooting...   Lotsa luck CJ...  
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 3:47:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Ahh just yanking your chain Catus. I had a Leapers on an AR too, once. Until it rattled apart. Good for the short term but not the best solution if you're going to depend on it for the long haul, or for when the SHTF.

A friend has the Leupold CQT on his, it's very cool but currently out of my price range.

Yer wife doen't have a sister does she? ;-)
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 5:11:39 AM EDT
[#8]
bigyeti,

"...good luck..." ????????????

hell man, you are gonna help me [:D} !!

i kinda lyke the I.O.R. Bucuresti 4x24 in the Bushmaster catalog, pg 48... & the Trijicon TA01 on the next page......

the third one i have not picked out yet......

Jack19,

i am looking at the Leupold also.....

yes.., my wife has three sisters, one is a flaming liberal & don't allow her husband to even thynk about guns, another is a party girl, & don't lyke guns, the third loves guns....., but she is a lesbian...

but their sister.., my wife, always asks, "is that enuff...?" when it comes to buying ammo or guns or anythyng shooting related........

neeto huh......?

Link Posted: 6/12/2002 6:49:03 AM EDT
[#9]
If I were you, I'd hold out for the Trijicon Tri-power.  It looks good, and won't take a couple of mortgage payments to own.

Also, the Zeiss Conquest 3-9x can be had in the $400 - 500 range.

For a red dot type sight, the Meprolight knockoff of the Trijicon Reflex would probably get my vote.  ~$250.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top