Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/10/2002 6:51:52 AM EDT
Does anyone have experience with the Israeli Orilite 30rnd mags? Are they reliable and what is a fair price to pay? Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 7:43:20 AM EDT
[#1]
I've got a few and they work "OK", they'll buldge if you load them with thirty and make insertion difficult.  They shoot fine but, I'd always go for USGI.
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 7:47:57 AM EDT
[#2]
I've never used Orlites, but I love my Thermolds!  They're great!
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 8:52:09 AM EDT
[#3]
They fit well in some, but not others.  Generally, I would agree that they are OK and would stick with USGI instead.  
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 12:21:38 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I've never used Orlites, but I love my Thermolds!  They're great!

I agree! Thermolds are excellent! I have never had a problem of any kind with them. The plastic is self lubricating and tough. I once accidently stepped on one (220 lbs.) w/ no damage. I wouldn't want to repeat that w/ one of my USGI 20's. They are expensive though, I think I paid about $20 a few years ago (probably got ripped off).
I dont know about the Orlites though, but I read somewhere that Isreal is going back to aluminum mags. I think the plastic in Thermolds is superior though, as Orlites had a strip of metal reinforcing them.
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 12:46:22 PM EDT
[#5]
My mailman uses them in his AR15 and he swares by them. After trying them I would probably get some for the range because they are inexpensive, but for serious work USGI mags are the best.
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 1:02:12 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
My mailman uses them in his AR15 and he swares by them.

You must have some really mean dogs in your neighborhood!
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 1:10:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Orlites work just fine for me at the range. I just wouldn't leave them loaded for extended periods of time with 30 rounds in them, the top of the mag kind of relaxes and drops the first few rounds out.
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 2:04:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Who is the best source for legal 20 and 30 round magazines?

Karl
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top