Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/9/2002 5:14:09 PM EDT
Got a chance to get up close and personal with a 20mm gun pulled from a Marine F18.  The young Marine obviously knew this thing inside and out, and could put it together blindfolded.  The thing needs both electric (400 volt I believe he said) and hydraulic pressure to work.  

But, I found something the Marine had not seen.  On a shiny metal tag, bolted to the frame, were these immortal words:

"For military or law enforcement use only"!

We both got a chuckle...

Oh yeah, and it was manufactured by General Electric.  Brings new meaning to their motto - "We bring good things to life".

Flash
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 5:19:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Darn!  I was wishing it was a Pre Ban.

medcop
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 6:53:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Hey medcop maybe you can get one as a pre-86 transferable?  

What, don't tell me you can't raise $125,000 if you really want to!  I think thats what the last minigun went for several years ago.  I guess the Vulcan would be even more...

Maybe a class 2 license?  Hehehehe...
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 7:01:24 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Oh yeah, and it was manufactured by General Electric.  Brings new meaning to their motto - "We bring good things to life".

Flash

I have a T-Shirt that shows the GE MiniGun with that phrase
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 9:26:58 PM EDT
[#4]
How much for the Avenger from an A10?
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 10:54:12 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Here you go.

Link Posted: 6/9/2002 10:57:25 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Here you go.

That's the one!
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 11:06:41 PM EDT
[#7]
What would the wholesale price be it bought in quantity? Say like the price the U.S. Army paid NIB?
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 4:45:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Just for informational purposes and giggles, Jon Ciener has a 20MM Vulcan. I have seen it fire from a ground mount and it is awesome. The ground shakes for 100 feet around when he fires it. He only runs it for very short bursts as it will lift and become uncontrollable. Jon has had it at Knob Creek a few times but I have not seen it for a while now. It gets ALL of the attention when he fires it.

Tony G
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 5:10:52 AM EDT
[#9]
i've seen knob creek minigun + whole front line 30 second movies of it.. friggin unbelievable
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top