Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/9/2002 2:44:22 PM EDT
LOOK AT THIS!!  It is a preban 56 side folder!

http://www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=4215857
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 2:49:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 3:08:05 PM EDT
[#2]
56S is the fixed-stock version.
56S-1 is the underfolder.
56S-2 is the sidefolder.

I'm not the most knowledgeable person on AK-47 variants, but I do not recall the Norinco 56S-2 having a folding stock like the one pictured. Is this some sort of conversion that someone has done? Still, it's a great price for a pre-ban Norinco, especially when you add in the black Bulgarian furniture and AK-74 brake.
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 7:05:03 PM EDT
[#3]
The folding stock is most likely a Romanian folder that just screws in place of the fixed stock. If you are interested in it contact the seller and ask for a close up pic of the markings to make sure it actually says AK-47 and not MAK-90. Also the handguards are not Bulgarian, the Bulgarians have ribs on the lower handguard.
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 7:09:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, and those aren't Chinese mags either!...  not that it matters ;)

Just trying to keep this post up top so CampyBob can see it and chime in. He can probably tell by looking at it exactly what it is. lol.
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 11:30:02 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't know about you guys, but the only time I would spend over $800 for a Semi-auto AK (no matter what the configuration)would be the day after a snowball fight breaks out in hell.

Tony
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 2:09:51 PM EDT
[#6]

Also the handguards are not Bulgarian, the Bulgarians have ribs on the lower handguard.

Oops, my bad! I have 3 AK-47 variants with Bulgarian furniture, but didn't pay close enough attention to the photos posted on the auction. Probably Chaote handguards.

According to "Informer", it looks like a Dyna Systems AK-74 style brake, Romanian side folder, and some kind of ACE pistol grip.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top