Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/8/2002 2:57:36 PM EDT
if so..., i am certain you have noticed the "MPC" etching on it, any one have an inkling of what it means ? all my Colt bolts have those initials........

"Metal Particle Checked".......?????????????
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 2:59:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I guess I always thought it was

Metal Particle(Checked)...Colt
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 3:02:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Mattel Plastics Corporation?
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 4:06:07 PM EDT
[#3]
MAGNETIC particle checked....IIRC
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 4:17:48 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
MAGNETIC particle checked....IIRC

That's how I remember it.
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 5:09:29 AM EDT
[#5]
well guys'n gals,

i just returned from "Biggerhammer" & all it means is it is made by Colt...!! shudda looked there first !!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 8:08:29 AM EDT
[#6]
"MPC"

Its been checked for cracks.
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 9:00:02 AM EDT
[#7]
some of mine look like the MP or MPC was done by someone in his garage, while others look like they were done by a machine.

Link Posted: 6/23/2002 9:22:03 AM EDT
[#8]
markm,

which ones look lyke what between your older Colts vs your newer Colts, do you happen to have an SP-1 in original condition ? i have one but someone replaced the bolt & carrier during it's lyfetyme, it now has a new notched F.A. carrier, my oldest all original Colt was made in 1985 & the "P" is on the last leg of the "M" & the "C" has a slight space between it & the "P" & the entire MPC is very clear & obvious, that is why i started this note, because the other bolts have the same scheme, but are barely visible, one of my NIBs is clearly visible......

Link Posted: 6/23/2002 9:37:24 AM EDT
[#9]
I can only be sure of the origin of one of my bolts.

I came in my COLT AR15-A3 Tactical carbine.  The markings are clear and look like they've been done mechanically.

The rest of my bolts have come from online auctions so i don't know.  I was wondering if the sloppier ones were faked by someone in their garage.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top