Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/8/2002 2:19:45 PM EDT
A friend of mine recently bought a pre ban bushy and there are no markings aywhere on the barrel not under the handguards,nowhere. we were wondering if it is a bushmaster bbl and what twist it might be has anyone seen this barrel b-4
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 2:37:48 PM EDT
[#1]
how old is that bushy ? pre-ban/post-ban ??

yes, unmarked barrels are quite common, BUT on a NEW Bushy NO WAY!!

used Bushy..., anythyng is possible........

added:
to check the twist, put a cleaning patch on a cleaning jag & run it down the barrel from the muzzle, push it back about 12"-15", put a peice of tape on cleaning rod at 12 o'clock position, pull back on rod till tape marker is at 12 o'clock position, measure the distance from tape edge to muzzle, you will have either 1-7 or 1-9 twist, if it goes to 12" you have a 1-12......
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 3:41:19 PM EDT
[#2]
thanks jack that will work just fine
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 5:25:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a similar barrel. Mine is a 20" HBAR taht came witha  flat-top upper. The guy I got it from swears it's BM, and it has a 1 in 9" twist, so I'm pretty convinced. It is not marked in any way at all, like yours. Either way, it shoots really well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top