Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/8/2002 11:09:24 AM EDT
I've been considering buying a Springfield Armory X-treme Duty pistol OD green long slide in 40 cal.

I finally found some pics of the pistol with the OD green frame and long slide. It looks killer.

From what I've been told and read online it seems like a great pistol. I held one at a local shop and it has a nice feel to it.

I'm also considering getting a Walther P99 OD green in 40 cal.

I held one at a gunshow a while back and it also has a good feel to it.

At first the Walther had a long trigger pull and kind of felt like a 2 stage trigger. Then I read online somewhere that the long trigger pull is just on the first shot. After that it has a short trigger pull like a single action pistol.

Is this true? Has anyone shot this pistol or owns one? What do you think of them.

I'm gonna get the XD pistol for sure but I'm still debating the Walther unless I hear some good reviews from people.

Tell me what you think about both pistols.
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 11:17:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 11:33:27 AM EDT
[#2]
I can't help you. I live i nthe Commonwealth of Virginia, and New York politicians fixed it so I can only buy one handgun at a time. Interferring JERKS!!!

Scott

Link Posted: 6/8/2002 1:15:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Come on folks, surely someone out there has fired a Walther P99 and could give me some advice.
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 1:50:54 PM EDT
[#4]
www.waltherusa.com/p99_specs.htm

The P99 is a double-action pistol; I suppose you could simply carry it without decocking it.  I have handled and fired both and they seem to be good, reliable, quality pistols but neither of them are really my "style."
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 3:52:06 PM EDT
[#5]
If I remember right, no guarantee that I do, there have been some issues with the P99 and reliability. Go over to thefiringline.com and do a search.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top