Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/7/2002 4:33:44 PM EDT
Hello All, I was at the Ft. Myers Fla. GunShow this weekend. I was going to the bathroom and a guy was tying up his guns at the door. Saw an AR15 and had to ask what make/model and how much, well it was a like new 20" ss Ultra Match 1/10" twist flattop w/ original SGW stopsign and marked "Ultra Match" w/ Set Trigger marked "Set" between Safe and Fire. Simmons Presidential scope 2x7x44WA, 3 GI 30rd mags and a Special Weapons Assult Case. OK OK the price, he says I want $850. I offer $750. qik cash and he says Well? Alright. Made sure I got a Bill Of Sale and noted his Dr Lic info. Man I'm loving this rifle. Wanted one for years but never saw one PreBan for under $1600. He also had some other stuff but I had already gotten $200. from ATM. Wives have been known to do ugly things to their husbands so I didn't risk it, plus he got swamped by everyone at this point. He sold a S&W 41 long slide w/ comp $325., S&W 629 SS 44mag $300., and a Mini-14 SS w/ a bunch of mags and scope $350. Every piece was like new. Yep ouch ouch. Hey but I'm thankfull I got what I got. What is my rig really worth on todays market? Thanks to all.
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 4:41:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I thought you got a hesse M16 ?!?!  
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 4:45:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Must be from the same dealer as this guy.

Uh Duh?

223REM
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 5:03:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Different BUYER, different SELLER, and different SHOW. Like I'm the ONLY guy that ever got a great DEAL. It's not like I paid $50.
Well what's it really worth seriously? Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 5:13:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Arrrgggghhhh, Just changed my e-mail to my new account and all my previous posts no longer count. Well anyway that alleged TROLL is from Texas and I'm from Florida.
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 5:23:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Was it a SS Ultra Match flat top M-16 like the airforce uses??? hehehe
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 5:37:11 PM EDT
[#6]
No 3RNDBURST, It's a PreBan Olympic Arms Stainless Steel Barreled Flattop w/ lower marked w/ the older SGW stopsign insignia and marked "Ultra Match" above that, w/ Set Trigger marked "Set" between Safe and Fire. What would you say it's worth? Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 5:40:23 PM EDT
[#7]
yeah, hey, and look guys, i'm from the northern mariana islands, wherever the fuck that is.
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 5:41:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 5:53:17 PM EDT
[#9]
It's sad when I used to come here everyone was nothing but helpful, now all I get is nothing but stupid comments. OK guys, could someone just tell me what my rig is worth, and anyone else have one? I am not A TROLL and I have been registered on EZ Board for some time as GunWhoreDer.
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 6:00:12 PM EDT
[#10]
What's pathetic is all the intelligent replies you guys give this guy. If you think he is a troll in the first place why reply to his post?

I am new to this site and building my first AR. I don't think I would every ask a question here for fear of being heckled by a bunch of COOL guys probably twice my age.

I see it ALOT. I say if you think someone is full of crap DON'T REPLY and he wont post anymore.
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 6:02:51 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I am new to this site and building my first AR. I don't think I would every ask a question here for fear of being heckled by a bunch of COOL guys probably twice my age.

I see it ALOT. I say if you think someone is full of crap DON'T REPLY and he wont post anymore.

promise?
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 6:13:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks mzzlebrk, maybe they are trying to be funny? If I was looking for funny I'd go to that kind of website. I posted here because this is where I thought I could get some good info. I probably gave more details than I should have (Bragged about my TOY) but hey I'm excited. The TROLL thing strangely enough comes from some guys that have over 1000 posts, If you guys were just being funny, then ok I laughed. Now why not answer my questions. Thanks, Miguel
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 6:30:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Don't know the value, but that sounds like a nice weapon at a great price.  Congrats!
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 6:36:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Thanks BROUHAHA, I love it. the only odd thing is the Charging handle looks like 1/2 a crab claw. The thing sticks out quite far and is thinner than a standard one. Seems to be so it can be used with a low mounted scope. Anyone have an Ultra Match with this or is it aftermarket?
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 7:15:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Sounds like a great deal. Why don't you guys leave him alone and answer is question. I've never seen any lowers with "set" stamped anywhere. Anyways sounds like a great deal. I unfortunately don't know the value, or I would answer your question.
Scott
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 7:25:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Thanks anyway PEZMASTER. The "SET" is stamped in the position between SAFE and FIRE. Put it on "SET" pull trigger, put it on FIRE and it's like 1 1/2 to 1 3/4LB Pull, WOW. I'll be taking her out this weekend will post report and if I can figure how will post some Pics. Man you think these guys are giving me a hard time wait till I post on what else I bought at that show.
Not ready to give details at this time, but I will post more when I have pics to prove what it is. Thanks again.
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 8:29:05 PM EDT
[#17]
I would like to confirm that this is a preban Olympic.  What is the serial number? (You can give me a partial number, like F 26XX)

I had a preban ultramatch with the lion logo, and it did not have the ultramatch rollmark or the "set" trigger.  So I guess we had slightly different versions of the same thing.

BTW, I sold my Oly for $1300.
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 4:26:15 AM EDT
[#18]
Hello THUNDERSTICK, when did you sell yours?
On the lower is marked ULTRA MATCH above original S.G.W. stopsign, CAL 223 5.56,
MOD. CAR-AR, then A2-U1xxx and marked "Set" between Safe and Fire. Oly's website shows made in 1988. Same time the seller said he bought it.
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 5:48:38 AM EDT
[#19]
GunWhoreDer,

pre-ban $1,200 - $1,500

post-ban $800 - $1,000

Link Posted: 6/8/2002 6:08:05 AM EDT
[#20]
That sounds like a Williams Trigger Specialties set trigger.  He does those on HK rifles too.
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 8:28:33 AM EDT
[#21]

Now is this is a DEAL on an AR15 or what?

what.
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 8:47:45 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Different BUYER, different SELLER, and different SHOW. Like I'm the ONLY guy that ever got a great DEAL. It's not like I paid $50.
Well what's it really worth seriously? Thanks.

Don't take it personally, were just harassing the new guys. I got it to. Even if your been here awhile and had more post, it does not mean the harassment will stop.

I have found the best way to end the harassment is to get into a debate with someone and win or lose. You use logical reasoning and do not result to name calling things should cool down. Well maybe name calling will occur, but once things start to calm down, it ends.

BTW:
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 9:02:41 AM EDT
[#23]
Thanks CactusJack,QuietShootr,and eagle1911. It's OK when in addition to a joke you also give someting to the discussion. Thanks for the help guys. As to the trigger my friend has an Ultra Match but his is a newer PreBan, to set his trigger you cam past the FIRE position on the selector and it springs back. Who's got some info on this thing?

Link Posted: 6/8/2002 12:52:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Sounds like you might have a GG&G set trigger.  Check out their site at gggaz.com, they have a picture of it.
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 1:44:50 PM EDT
[#25]
GunWhoreDer,

That S/N shows a build date of 8-18-87 to 11-28-89 according to Oly.  If you have accurately represented what you got, you got one hell of a deal

Saleen
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 1:49:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Thanks MIKE92GT,Checked it out, Yep that's it.
What part of Fl. you in?
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 1:54:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Thanks SALEEN, what I posted is exactly the rig I bought. As I said I wasn't the only one who got a great deal that day, all the stuff he sold was pristine. I wonder if the "SET" trigger is factory Oly or after market?
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 4:17:36 PM EDT
[#28]
Glad I could help.  I'm in St. Petersburg area right now, probably be moving to Bradenton in the near future
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 5:00:22 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
No 3RNDBURST, It's a PreBan Olympic Arms Stainless Steel Barreled Flattop w/ lower marked w/ the older SGW stopsign insignia and marked "Ultra Match" above that, w/ Set Trigger marked "Set" between Safe and Fire. What would you say it's worth? Thanks.

It sounds pretty trick, but I'm not an OLY fan so I don't know.
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 5:52:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Thanks anyway 3RNDBURST, I guess the old place has been flooded w/ TROLLS and everyone is just a bit jumpy. It rained all day today so maybe Sunday I can make it to the range.
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 6:34:54 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Thanks anyway 3RNDBURST, I guess the old place has been flooded w/ TROLLS and everyone is just a bit jumpy. It rained all day today so maybe Sunday I can make it to the range.

It's just people trying to be funny.
It rained a little here too. I normaly go to the range on Wednesdays, it's less crowded then.
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 6:35:54 PM EDT
[#32]
Sounds like you got "one of those deals"..   We missed a beautiful pre ban the other week that went for $900. to the fastest guy to grab it..   Lucky you got there first..   Have a good one on Sunday and let us know how she shoots...
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 6:42:26 PM EDT
[#33]
That is a sweet gun. I just looked at the gggaz.com site. They have some nice toys. Did you check the other site with the silencers? Check the 50 cal out. That could make someone's day real bad and no one will ever know where it came from. Enjoy your rifle. I would like to know if the dual trigger really works. If you could also post a picture of it.

By the way I like your user name
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 10:09:30 AM EDT
[#34]
Thanks BIGYETI, Looks like next weekend will be the earliest I will see the range. Will post review then. Pics will be posted as soon as I figure out how.
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 10:17:30 AM EDT
[#35]
Thanks EDPMEDIC, Here's the link to the website pic of my trigger. http://www.gggaz.com/products/SetTrigger.php
I'll post pics of mine as soon as I figure out how by reading the Pic posting instructions on this site.
Most just collect guns, me I'm a GunWhoreDer.
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 10:23:57 AM EDT
[#36]
Sounds Great...how about a pic of your new rig?
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 10:39:12 AM EDT
[#37]
I'll try to get some pics by later tonight.
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 1:03:59 PM EDT
[#38]
GunWhoreDer, here is the pic you were linking to:

Link Posted: 6/12/2002 8:38:07 PM EDT
[#39]
Here is my PreBan Ultra Match w/ Set Trigger.
Hope this works.

http://www.villagephotos.com/extern/335305.jpg
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 8:28:34 AM EDT
[#40]
Without the scope, it is easy to get $1500.00 for any pre-ban here in Tennessee.
(Anyone who bought it would immediately put a collapsible stock and carry handle or red dot on it. )

Yours should be worth more because of the trigger job, but, in this neck of the woods, you usually don't get money back for custom work.

Anyway, you got a sweet deal.

Oh, and I would just ignore the peanut gallery.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top