Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/6/2002 6:38:58 PM EDT
Hey everyone. I was considering on paying a couple of dollars for an acuuwedge that you slip between the upper and spring. Is this worth it? What does it really do?
Thanks and Happy Shooting!
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 6:47:26 PM EDT
[#1]
It firms up the fit between the upper & lower.
Good for an AR that has a loose upper that moves around easy and rattles.
A loose upper can effect accuracy.
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 6:49:08 PM EDT
[#2]
The only thing an accuwedge does is stop loose-fitting upper and lower receivers from feeling loose. I suppose it's worth it if your upper and lower don't fit together well, just to make them feel more solid.
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 6:54:42 PM EDT
[#3]
DOES IT HELP ANY WITH HOW YOU HEAR THE SPRING RATTLES IN THE BUTT STOCK? THANKS AGAIN!!
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 6:57:22 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
DOES IT HELP ANY WITH HOW YOU HEAR THE SPRING RATTLES IN THE BUTT STOCK? THANKS AGAIN!!

If you mean that weird "BOOIIINNNNGGG" it makes when the rifle is fired, no. I think a light coating of grease helps cure this, but I'm not sure.
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 7:01:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 7:16:05 PM EDT
[#6]
I think they do nothing for accuracy...
All the components that contribute to accuracy are located in/on the upper receiver...

Accuwedge just makes a sloppy AR feel tight...

If you want to get rid of the sproing sound, just smear a light dab of grease in the buffer tube...
Keep in mind a small trade-off... Grease will attract dirt & debris...
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 7:17:22 PM EDT
[#7]
thebeekeeper1 - That was funny! LOL!
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 7:21:40 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I think they do nothing for accuracy...
All the components that contribute to accuracy are located in/on the upper receiver...

That's what I thought too, but who was I to question their marketing dept.
The fit would have to be so loose and just swing from side to side.
I would think it would fail to cycle if it got that bad.
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 7:42:52 PM EDT
[#9]
The M16 I had in the Army fit really loosely, and it never once malfunctioned on me.

If you want to get rid of the sproing sound, just smear a light dab of grease in the buffer tube...
Thanks, Art, I knew grease was involved in there somewhere! To be truthful, though, that sound is just part of the charm of the M16/AR15. It's funny to see the looks on peoples' faces who have never fired one before. They always look at the weapon with this perplexed look on their face, LOL.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top