Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/6/2002 4:17:53 PM EDT
Who is watching it and what are your thoughts. On the surface I like some of what he is saying but have a real hard time accepting an even larger Federal Govt. and a new cabinet level post and the agency that comes with it.
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 4:20:18 PM EDT
[#1]

Sorry, Tremor's is on TBS.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 4:29:28 PM EDT
[#2]
I saw a portion of it, from what I heard I don’t like the idea of creating a larger government agency, they have a tendency to snowball and go beyond the original charter. IIRC all the agencies that are going to be combined are not covered by Posse Comatis (sp?). What happens when the Hobgoblins become people who like to gather in large groups and shoot? Or discuss religion? Or smoke?

I know he (Bush) said that this wouldn’t make a larger government, but it will, Orwell was off by 20 years.

And yes, I am paranoid.
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 4:30:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Bunch of crap an overseer to watch the boys who are suppose to be doing it right. Just trying to take the heat off the real issue for the last 30 yrs. No one wants to work with anyone. My group is better than your group, now we have another one going to be better than the both of them. At the same time run by the people who couldn't get it right from the start.
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 4:51:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Why bore myself.
I be watchin Wrasling.

More BS, but better his BS than Gore's.

Link Posted: 6/6/2002 6:39:29 PM EDT
[#5]
SDavid, I don't think the agencies are being COMBINED...the new agency is a clearinghouse for information, someone to connect the dots of all the tidbits of data from all the other agencies.
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 6:49:26 PM EDT
[#6]
I think it is good only when it comes to external counter terrorism.  The very idea of the CIA, FBI, and Military sharing info on me makes me leery.  However, that is why we have a second ammendment.

-Dying aint much of a livin' kid.
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 8:56:43 PM EDT
[#7]
He intends to take from different departments to create Homeland Defense.  Coast Guard will leave Trans, INS leaves Justice, Customs leaves Treasury etc.

They will do to Domestic what NSC does for International.  It gives Ridge a budget and therefore power.

If used correctly it will work well.  Congress will oppose because it will force them to restructure all the committees and committee leadership.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top