Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/6/2002 5:23:21 AM EDT
Anyone got any pics or info on this type of round? The link is to the mag fed shotgun that shoots this type of ammo. I've never seen or heard of this round.  

www.southernohiogun.com/products.html
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 5:38:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Aguila makes 12-gauge mini-shells. 1.5" = 38.1 mm loaded overall length. They say that a Winchester 1300 will cycle them, but you have to be careful or modify the elevators to cycle them on a Remington 870 or Mossberg 500.

aguilaammo.com/minishells.htm

I haven't tried them yet. The proprietor of my local gun store has promised to get some, so hopefully I'll try them soon.

You can mail-order them at the Aguila site: aguilaammo.com/ordering_intro.htm

There are pictures there. Click on "Shop Now", then "Minishells". I've also seen pictures recently on the cover of Shotgun News. Aguila has bought the front page ad for the past couple of months, but they advertise .22 ammo more often than mini-shells.

No idea if these are the same "minishells" mentioned on the SOG International page.
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 5:58:40 AM EDT
[#2]
i was talking abou these just the other day with a bud at work. he thinks that with using a 12 gauge adapter, it will be possible to fire these rounds through his 37mm flare launcher on his ar15. i think he will self destruct. i beleive he has some on order and am not looking forward to driving him to the emergency ward. any opinions would be appreciated.
-jay
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 7:01:06 AM EDT
[#3]
The mag fed 12 ga shotgun, I am pretty sure is a South African invention. As a result of all the sanctions against SA, they were forced to come up with their own weapons cause they couldn't import any. Some were good some were bad. I remember seeing one in G&A quite some years ago. The shotgun has a pistol grip and the mag feeds through this grip. Even with the shorter shell, it is a chore to get a good grip on it even with larger hands.
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 9:01:11 AM EDT
[#4]
apollojay

I'm almost sure that would be concidered a destructive device. His emergancy room visit, may end with a visit by the ATF...

If I'm wrong and it's legal please correct me.

Thanks
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 9:53:33 AM EDT
[#5]
i am pretty sure of this being illegal. what the batf would classify it as i am not sure, but i am sure they would not like it. i just wanted t oknow if this was a possibility, thats all.
-jay
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 12:39:31 PM EDT
[#6]
From the above mentioned Aguila Ammo website:

"MINISHELLS should NEVER be used in signal/flare guns or any other firearm other than 12ga caliber SAAMI approved shotguns. Failure to comply with this may result in injury or death to the user or others."

Link Posted: 6/6/2002 1:27:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Why does that say no california sales?
Not that I would want it its ooooggly.

(6) A semiautomatic shotgun that has both of the following: (A) A folding or telescoping stock. (B) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon, thumbhole stock, or vertical handgrip. (7) A semiautomatic shotgun that has the ability to accept a detachable magazine. (8) Any shotgun with a revolving cylinder
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 4:41:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Its illegal in Kaliban because of the detachable mag, and the pistol grip. Thats two bad bad features.
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 4:56:12 PM EDT
[#9]
But its pump isn't it?
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 8:13:51 PM EDT
[#10]

Saw that a while back in the SOG catalog/flyer.  Interesting, but I'll stick w/ my regular one.

Yes, it is pump.

Too bad you can't get slugs.....
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 6:56:48 AM EDT
[#11]
I swear the first time I saw this I thought it was a photoshop job!  Why the hump back?
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 3:58:51 PM EDT
[#12]
i want one just to add the the WTF kidna gun is that? collection
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 4:27:14 PM EDT
[#13]
That thing can't be much shorter than a REAL shotgun with a 18" barrel, carries less of a payload, no thanks....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top