Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/6/2002 2:17:41 AM EDT
 I had bought a couple of Pro Mag hi-cap mags for my Smith and Wesson 5906 9mm. The mags look well enough and looked to be a close copy of the original Smith and Wesson mag. The first I tried fit and ejected well. The spring felt horrible though and it was a chore to load a full 15 rounds in it. I didn't like the way the rounds sit in the mag. Something just looked odd. When I stripped the rounds off with my thumb I saw some nose over and catch on the front of the mag and two double fed once. I realize that isn't a way to test them but I will have no confidence in it until I test many rounds through it.

The next mag I picked up was the most junky thing I have ever held in my hands! My goodness it was horrible. Not only did it share the same problems as the first one, but it wouldn't even fit the pistol properly! It won't drop free (in fact has to be forcibly pulled out) and the slide will not close with it seated in the pistol! What junk. I have had Pro Mags before but never none that were this poorly made.

I'm not sure if this is a batch number or just an item number, but the packages are marked as number 273M. I got them from The Sportsman's Guide (not their fault).

Sadly, I had 6 Pro Mags before this when I had another Smith and Wesson (model 5903) that worked perfectly in every way. When I sold that pistol I let the mags go with it. Too bad I guess. I just wanted to warn anyone that didn't already know to........BUY FACTORY OR MEC-GAR as everything else is a crap shoot!
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 2:32:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Umm ProMag.... WELL DUHH!
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 10:52:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Another factor: Even though Pro Mag has a lifetime warranty, they will NOT return any standard capacity mags sent to them for servicing. They are located in PRK, and will send a "replacement" gelded magazine. (If you send in a Glock standard capacity polymer mag, they won't even send a replacement Glock mag....

Scott

Link Posted: 6/7/2002 12:53:27 PM EDT
[#3]
ProMag eats dirt.  I bought a $9.99 special M16 mag.  What a hunk of s.
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 3:22:56 PM EDT
[#4]
funny, I have 5 older 13 rd Pro-mag Sig 229 mags, works like a champ.
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 3:43:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top