Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/5/2002 5:46:09 PM EDT
Ok I need yalls opinion again. I've shot a Glock 17 maybe 4 times and a 17L once, and that was a few years back. I've never shot the 17C. I was thinking about purchasing a 17C, but was wondering how much less felt recoil there is between the 17L and the 17C? Also, how much harder is it to clean the 17C compared to an uncompensated barrel? (I have a Mossbeeg with a ported barrel and it takes longer to clean all 16 ports than it does to clean a regular shotgun.)

I'll also take any other info. yall may have about the 17 models. Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 6:02:14 PM EDT
[#1]
i dont think you need to get a 17c because you dont need to slow a 9mm more than it already is i'd recommend a g34! but aint nothing like a g17!
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 6:11:59 PM EDT
[#2]
I dont think Glock makes the 17L anymore.  Go with a 34 or 35 if you want a longer slide.  
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 6:47:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 8:34:02 PM EDT
[#4]
If you want a compact carry gun, get a 19.  If you want a longslide 9, get a 34.  I use a 35 for uniform carry and I love it.  It's about the same size as a 5" 1911, balances great, and the 3.5 lb trigger and extended slide release rock.  There is virtually no benefit to a compensated 9mm, so I'd forget the 17C.  The longer barrel of the 34 will give you a decent increase in velocity if you are using +P or +P+ ammo, too.
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 4:59:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Another vote for the G34; it's my IDPA gun.  It offers a longer sight radius, extended mag and slide release and 3.5 lb connector right from the factory.  If you really want to make it sing, add the LS Ti firing pin and a Glockworks 4lb reduced power firing pin spring; it's a custom tuned trigger for $60.  IMHO, there is not a faster stock handgun, or one that is easier to shoot.
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 6:24:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Another G34 vote.  My G35 is my all time favorite, but if you HAVE to have a 9mm, then go 34.  It has the nice trigger (they say 3.5, but it is actually a little heavier.  Still nicer than what they list as 5) and the extended slide stop lever.  I switch out the extended mag relese for a standard size on a carry gun.  
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 9:03:26 AM EDT
[#7]
I have a 19C and it works just fine. If you do get a 17C you could always buy a regular barrel for it. This way your set for match shooting also.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top