Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/5/2002 2:24:45 PM EDT
I still have not scene any evidence of our President Bush saying he will resign or sign a new 1994 AW ban......All he says is he supports the current ban, which means what??? Nothing as far as I have read that says, "Hey, I will sign whatever in 2004"....

Come on, show me...

But in reality what would really change if the law expires in 2004???? At first I thought imports galore but I guess I am wrong..So Hi-Caps would be legal again?? Flash hiders and Tele-stocks on our Ar15's??? Is this the law where Insta-Check came from??

Anyone, anyone???

Link Posted: 6/5/2002 2:32:10 PM EDT
[#1]
my guess is that many manufacturers would be reluctant to start producing previously banned stuff.

especially govt. contract companies.

I bet the prices on high crap mags will remain artificially high.
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 2:32:55 PM EDT
[#2]
The insta-check came later.......I could be wrong.......MAYBE it took time to get it to work
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 2:33:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I remember now the checks were implemented later
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 2:41:09 PM EDT
[#4]

All he says is he supports the current ban, which means what???

If he supports it, then he will want to renew it.

If the 1994 bill sunsets (and I do not think it will) high caps, bayonet lugs, flash suppressors, and telescoping/folding stocks will be legal again. The import ban was in 1989, so it will still be in effect.
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 5:52:15 PM EDT
[#5]
good news:
the ban will expeire in sept...

bad news:
something else will be passed  in August..
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 5:56:04 PM EDT
[#6]
also if something does not take its place untill ... say 48 hours after the current ban expires... does that mean we will have 48 hours to get papers notorized saying we put all the "evil" features on everything we own during that 48 hour lapse?

Link Posted: 6/6/2002 6:03:43 PM EDT
[#7]
It is our duty to inform our congresspersons that the "landmark" legislation they enacted in 1994 has saved ZERO lives but has cost us untold MILLIONS in artificially high prices.

Even DEMOCRATS are retreating from gun control right now. If we make it well known that this stupid "ban" accomplished nothing and letting it expire will not increase crime, we could see it go away.
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 6:21:24 PM EDT
[#8]
So If letting the ban expire is in our best interest. what are we going to do to let our president know that's what we want?
any good letter writers in the crowd.
post your letters on the web for all to use .
nothing like crashing the white house mail servers with pro gun opinions and facts and figures. what could be more fun? crashing the mail server at CNN!! with our pro gun opinions.
I'm not saying we attack them, we just let them know how we feel and what the facts are all at the same time.

just my 2 cents.
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 6:28:47 PM EDT
[#9]
www.whitehouse.gov
go see what your pres. has to say.

P.S. DON'T TRY THIS IN CHINA
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 10:44:43 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
All he says is he supports the current ban

Do you have a source for this? I have never heard of him saying it before,Im not saying he didnt say it. I would just like to see where and when.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top