Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/4/2002 7:05:31 PM EDT
Bought an Israeli Manufactured Fobus molded plastic holster at the gun show this weekend for use with an 9mm FM Hi-Power.  The holster feels great, the gun fits and draws great, and it was only $20.00.  It seems for this kind of deal, I would have seen them before, am I missing something?
Link Posted: 6/4/2002 7:13:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/4/2002 7:18:10 PM EDT
[#2]
I use one to carry my Glock 17...
I have no complaints...
Link Posted: 6/4/2002 7:18:18 PM EDT
[#3]
my carry gun for the last 3 yrs has been a glock19 carried in a fobus, no problems whatsoever, sometimes it's a little uncomfortable, but bearable, it's definately worth the pittance i paid for it.
Link Posted: 6/4/2002 7:19:21 PM EDT
[#4]
BTW, welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/4/2002 7:25:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Fobus for my Glock 30 and Smith 640.  The Glock was sticking a bit but a little "Dry Slide" lubricant has taken care of that problem.  For sure, you won't have to worry about your weapon falling from it's holster.
Link Posted: 6/4/2002 7:27:23 PM EDT
[#6]
I carry my glock 19 in one everyday, they work great, they are not exspensive and at only 2 ounces you have no extra weight to carry. I think you will be happy with your fobus.
Link Posted: 6/4/2002 7:32:41 PM EDT
[#7]
I think for the 20 - 25 dollars they cost they are pretty good.  I have one for my Walther P99.  Draws quickly and certainly will not fall out.  No complaints
Link Posted: 6/4/2002 7:42:12 PM EDT
[#8]
I've used a Fobus holster for my HK USP for the past two years.  It works fine for me, both in casual shooting and IPSC.  The holster retains the gun, even when holstered and running through some stages.  (100yd sprint before shooting the stage.)  I have not noticed any marks on my firearm from the holster.  Its a great deal for the money.
Link Posted: 6/4/2002 7:53:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Fobus and Glock 17/19 here..  Works great...
Link Posted: 6/4/2002 8:03:30 PM EDT
[#10]
I have a standard fobus holster for my SIG 228.  More secure (no wobble) and more comfortable than the Galco paddle holster I bought, and the price...outstanding!  

If you like paddle holsters, you will love fobus holsters.
Link Posted: 6/4/2002 8:09:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Welcome!

I use one to carry everyday and I love it. I recommend them to anyone who asks for my opinion on the matter, and those who don't
Link Posted: 6/4/2002 8:27:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Got one too; I like it a lot.  My only problem is like Aimless - it just sticks out a bit too far on me for good concealment in just a T-shirt.  Works great if I'm wearing a jacket or a coat over it though.  For the price, you can't beat them.
Link Posted: 6/4/2002 9:33:20 PM EDT
[#13]
I have one for my Beretta 92FS.  Works great, I used to use it for IDPA, but wouldn't hesitate to use it for general carry as well.

My only complaint is that they appear to only make double mag holders for Glock mags, single only for Beretta, and the mag holders hold them a little TOO tightly for my liking, but the holster itself is great.

Mike
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 5:10:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Great product!!!

They've been a big hit with the IDPA crowd since they hit the market.  I carry my G34 in their paddle holster.  Uncle Mike's is following suit with their own polymer holster, and (gasp) Blade Tech is now offering a reasonably priced holster.  Fobus has proved that you can make a good holster for under $30.
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 5:22:49 AM EDT
[#15]
I snagged one of the Fobus Makarov ankle holsters (yeah, yeah, I know, it's a bit large for an ankle rig) - and was extremely unimpressed.

The only way this thing could possibly stay up would cause gangrene.

It has ZERO retention capability. The hard holster material has no grip on the gun whatsoever. If you stomp your foot, the gun would likely fall out. Total waste of $25
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 5:32:30 AM EDT
[#16]
I just got one for my new Walther P99 for IDPA.  I haven't used it in the field yet, but I *really* like it.  I'm so impressed, I just ordered the dual mag holder.
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 8:51:05 AM EDT
[#17]
Hey, if it works for you, that's all that counts, if it falls apart, well you're only out $20. For you I think it is worth it.
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 9:36:55 AM EDT
[#18]
I use a Fobus paddle for a 1911. It worked great for 6 days/60 hours of combat training without a hitch. I've also used it carry at times, but prefer a small-of-the-back position for better concealment. I too was impressed with the performance, especially for the cost. I also use their mag pouches.
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 11:20:31 AM EDT
[#19]
Like many here, I carry every day in a fobus holster and am a big fan.  I usually open carry (requires no permit in Virginia) with a glock 30 or 21.  You may want to check their mag holsters, too.  They have worked very well for me and usually cost $20 as well.  

My only concern is weapon retention - especially since I carry a glock which has no manual safety.  I had my wife try to remove my glock from in front or behind (while unloaded, obviously).  I was the only one who could easily draw the firearm from the holster.  Then I used CLP to clean my handguns and holster, which has made it MUCH easier to draw.  Now I'm very concerned about someone being able to pull it from me.  I find my right arm always hovering directly over the firearm when in public.  I've seen pictures of retention straps, and may pick up a fobus with one.

BTW, does anyone have any experience with the Saf-T-Blok for glocks?  Here's the link and pic:

dillonprecision.com/template/p.cfm?maj=55&min=0&dyn=1&

Link Posted: 6/12/2002 2:55:53 PM EDT
[#20]
I have and use their paddle holsters for concealed carry. I have them for a BHP, P226 and a P220. Plus one or two hole magazine carriers.
Priced right. Light and not bulky.
Except for the Roto holster. Too bulky.
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 4:47:02 PM EDT
[#21]
I carry my G19 in one and it works great. This is the second on because the rivets in the first were a little to close. The ones that hold the paddle part to the holster. I see no problems with the one I have now.
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 4:50:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Didn't want to like them...an $20 holster?  Unfortunately, I'm sold, and have the paddle holster, single mag carrier and mag/Surefire paddle carrier.  I love this shit!  Comfortable to carry and if you fvck it up in a scuffle or training you toss it in the trash and buy another one.
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 4:51:21 PM EDT
[#23]
The ROTO in my opinion is a POS, on the otherhand the standard Fobus holster is GREAT. I own several with no complaints at all
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 4:52:46 PM EDT
[#24]
USP on my hip right now is riding in a belt slide model. Love it, Love it, LOVE IT! No complaints at all.
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 5:51:03 PM EDT
[#25]
I have one for my USP Compact .40 and love it and the mag pouch works as good.. 20 bucks for each.. if it breaks its not setting you back much.. especially if it has lasted over a year
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top