Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/4/2002 5:52:35 PM EDT
I have an chrome/moly barrel and was wondering if this makes any difference when it comes to ammo I shoot through my AR? Also what are the good points to having a chrome barrel and chamber to a chrome moly?
Link Posted: 6/4/2002 6:24:18 PM EDT
[#1]
It doesn't matter what your barrel is made of but does matter the twist rate and the chamber type. Different twist rates are designed for different bullet lenghts (weights), there are mil-spec NATO chambers and tight match chambers.

Chrome Moly doesn't rust and isn't a lining that might affect accuracy that last one tenth of one percent.

Chrome is a slick and hard surface that allows for easy cleaning and sure functioning and is nomally a lining applied to a barrel and can affect accuracy a very tiny bit.

Benchrest shooters use chrome moly, the military uses chrome.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top