Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/4/2002 4:18:48 PM EDT
What is a "muzzle break?" Is it sort-of like a coffee break? (OK... everyone stop shooting for ten minutes... I want to take a muzzle break)  OR is it the damaged forward portion of a firearm barrel after it has been dropped?

I have always thought of a muzzle BRAKE as something that slows down the rise of the forward portion of a weapon upon firing, or that retards the rearward tendancy of a weapon's movement at the moment of firing (commonly known as "recoil"), hence the usage of the word "brake," as used in automotive parlance WRT a device that reduces the forward speed of a moving vehicle.

I've seen it written BOTH ways here... which is the correct usage? OR is one of them just an indication of the fact that these days speling jist dusint mater...

FITTER out (wants to know)
Link Posted: 6/4/2002 4:28:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Stop braking balls.
Link Posted: 6/4/2002 4:30:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Knowbody likes a no it all.
Link Posted: 6/4/2002 4:30:50 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm serious, your to much.
Link Posted: 6/4/2002 4:38:39 PM EDT
[#4]

I'm serious, your to much.

Shouldn't that read, "I'm serious.  You're too much."z
Link Posted: 6/4/2002 6:25:45 PM EDT
[#5]
U r proly write.
Link Posted: 6/4/2002 6:27:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/4/2002 6:31:48 PM EDT
[#7]
What a bunch of loosers!

Everybody knows that per band rifles all have them!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top