Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/3/2002 11:17:14 AM EDT
I volunteered for the Glock booth at the Ducks Unlimited festival last weekend.  

At the end of the last day, one of the Glock reps took the LEO sample G18 out for a spin.  He put about 5 or 6 17-rounders through it.

He really had to lean into it with both hands while dumping the whole mag.  It was controllable enough in 3 or 4 round bursts that he could handle it with one hand.   He was shooting at a target about 7 yards out, and did a pretty good job hitting center of mass on it.

I was suitably impressed.  
Link Posted: 6/3/2002 1:51:11 PM EDT
[#1]
damn, was it a "C" model?
Link Posted: 6/3/2002 8:08:42 PM EDT
[#2]
you mean like this one?????

yes, its really a full auto. i have shot it sevral times, with and w/o the stock. i have a video of me emptying a 33 rd mag. the vid is 2 seconds long.
Link Posted: 6/3/2002 8:13:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I have fired a couple hundred rounds through an 18C on several ocassions and they are definitely fun to shoot.  The 18C on auto is more controlable than my 31 in rapid fire semiauto.  
Link Posted: 6/3/2002 8:30:09 PM EDT
[#4]
not to seem like a smart ass but, does any one know why glock 18s were made? is there a specific group that requested them or did glock just say "hey watch this". is there any group that uses them? some where I heard they were made for counter terror and counter gang units but some how I find this kinda questionable. does anyone know what there original purpose was. keep in mind I have no clue and I am not to be a smart ass. I just wanna know what they are used for?
Link Posted: 6/3/2002 8:40:30 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
not to seem like a smart ass but, does any one know why glock 18s were made? is there a specific group that requested them or did glock just say "hey watch this". is there any group that uses them? some where I heard they were made for counter terror and counter gang units but some how I find this kinda questionable. does anyone know what there original purpose was. keep in mind I have no clue and I am not to be a smart ass. I just wanna know what they are used for?

thier are NO transferable glock 18s. i belive most of them are acually g19 conversions, so they are pretty much oddities. it costs less then 300 $ to have a glock converted, but you gatta be a class 3 ffl capable of having post sample LEO stuff. as for a specific use, i see very little. a stock and an factory 33 rd mag makes a VERY compact sub gun for Secret Service type use.
Link Posted: 6/4/2002 3:47:05 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
not to seem like a smart ass but, does any one know why glock 18s were made?

It's hard to shoot an M4 sideways, yo!

Link Posted: 6/4/2002 3:57:44 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
you mean like this one?????

yes, its really a full auto. i have shot it sevral times, with and w/o the stock. i have a video of me emptying a 33 rd mag. the vid is 2 seconds long.

Post it man!!!
Link Posted: 6/4/2002 4:26:51 PM EDT
[#8]
That was a good one, GungHo.  
Link Posted: 6/4/2002 4:46:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Damn...if i ever lived in another country (not that i would leave the beautiful USA) I'd have a few glocks converted. I've looked at the plans for a conversion kit, and its really not that hard. In fact, its pretty damn simple. Not gonna go into detail since i Dont wanna get in trouble, but man, if SHTF, I'm up for it. What better way to spray 33 bullets in a tiny package.

Gungho, dont forget the homeboy Nite Sites. A MUST for the gangsta shoota.
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 6:19:39 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:I've looked at the plans for a conversion kit, and its really not that hard. In fact, its pretty damn simple. Not gonna go into detail since i Dont wanna get in trouble, but man, if SHTF, I'm up for it.  

Got to love that US Patent Office website!

What's sad is that the Glock guy said that the G18 cost about $50 more than the G17.  What a pity I'm not a sheriff of some small county.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top