Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/1/2002 2:55:42 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 3:19:28 PM EDT
[#1]
umc usually works good for me....BUT..I had a similar experience with my 9mm s-w....now you`ve got me thinking......wonder about the size on that umc brass............
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 4:10:52 PM EDT
[#2]
could the rounds you bought not have enough power to cycle the slide??
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 4:13:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 9:15:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Really sounds like the Remington is a bit underpowered for your Colt.

The only other possibility I can think of, which is extremely unlikely, is that the Remington is hotter or has softer and/or thinner brass than the Winchester and is somehow binding up the pistol when the brass expands.  

The only realistic scenario I can think of for this is a chamber which is larger inside than at the extreme breech end of the barrel.  Thus the brass becomes somewhat bell shaped when it expands and resists being pulled from the chamber.  (The Seecamp uses this kind of delay mechanism.)

Colt .380’s are nice little guns, but they’re made a little sloppily!

Have you compared the Winchester and Remington empties?
Link Posted: 6/2/2002 5:53:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Some things you could check.

Carefully inspect / compare the extractor markings on good/bad ammo  - do the marks look the same?

I'm just guessing but maybe the extractor is slipping off the bad casings during the recoil phase?

You say the slide is 'coming back a little'. How can you know this, it happens so fast its a blur? After firing a bad round did the hammer cock? If it did then I'd guess your slide is completely cycling rearward but the extractor is slipping off the UMC for some reason.

I have never had any problems with UMC in 380 or 45ACP.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top