Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/1/2002 8:01:52 AM EDT
I ordered a reciever from a gunsmokeenterprises on AR15.com on May 17th.  After leading me around for 3 weeks he refunded my money without me asking for it.

3 WEEKS!!!

When I finally get him on the phone he tells me that there is at LEAST another week to wait, and that it is done deal on the refund.  NO MORE DEAL

This has been a waste of time.
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 11:28:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Who's the dealer?  The guys I've dealt with have been super quick. and seen good reports on a number of the others.
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 11:30:17 AM EDT
[#2]
What brand did you order?  That will have a lot to do with how fast you get it.
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 11:47:38 AM EDT
[#3]
maxwell05,

I ordered 2 lowers from Gunsmoke.  He is good but at times he is slow.  Don't worry, it will get to you.  I think cause he has sold so many lowers since december that he is now playing catch up with orders.

Maxell27
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 12:52:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 1:53:49 PM EDT
[#5]
maxwell05,

i don't know where you live, but at the Gun Show in Tucson today i saw all kinds of brand new receivers....., what exactly are you looking for ?
Link Posted: 6/3/2002 8:40:27 AM EDT
[#6]
shamayim,
TheDealer was gunsmokeenterprises

LARRYG,
1 Bushy
1Rock River

Kevin,
Both

CactusJack,
I wish i had been there.  I just got an email from gunsmoke that he will not have the Rock River in for at least another week.  That meens I am looking at a MONTH to get these.

I think this is to long of a wait, and gunsmoke should have made me aware of the wait before I ordered.  Am I being reasonable or unreasonable?
Link Posted: 6/3/2002 4:08:35 PM EDT
[#7]
I've heard that Gunsmoke does claim to have stuff in stock, when it's only on order.  The one time I ever ordered from him (some small parts), he was prompt and sent what I ordered, so I personally can't complain.  If he doesn't have the RR in stock I'd think that he should at least send the Bushie up.  Pete in NH, has plenty of RR recievers, and I've never seen a complaint about his service.  Check him out on the dealer website (Legsl Transfers).  Maybe you could cancel the RR part of the order from Gunsmoke, and get it from Pete?
Link Posted: 6/3/2002 4:39:13 PM EDT
[#8]
I ordered a Bushmaster lower from a local gunshop about a month ago. It arrived 7 days after ordering.
Link Posted: 6/4/2002 7:53:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Gunsmoke was not exactly prompt with my lower receiver shipment.  But, you will get it...they are not going to rip you off.

Personally, I'd rather buy one at a gun show if the price is close.

Too bad Donnie Pridemore at Sableco.com doesn't sell receivers...he is AWESOME to deal with on RRA equipment (except no receivers).  He'd be making a killing if he got his FFL because everyone I've ever read that's dealt with him had the same positive experience I have had.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top