Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/31/2002 8:45:39 PM EDT
Hello,
I would like to know the differences in the pre-ban and post-ban weapons?(besides $)  What features did the AW ban say were so evil?
Thanks,
SugarD
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 8:51:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Preban is allowed to have flash suppressor and bayonet lug.  Postban can not have those features.
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 6:08:58 AM EDT
[#2]
A post ban rifle cannot have more than TWO of the following features...

Pistol Grip
Detachable Magazine
Bayonet lug
Flash supressor
collapsible stock

What I am I missing?

Mike

edited because I can't type anymore today.
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 7:19:43 AM EDT
[#3]
A stroke of the pen.

The life of a firearm is measured in hundreds of years so your politicians wanted to, a few hundred years from now, eliminate bayonet lugs and flash suppressors.
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 4:43:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Just like the guys stated above, a post-ban already has a pistol grip and detachable magazine (making the two features allowed), therefore one cannot legally add a flash suppressor, collapsible stock, or bayonet lug.
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 4:49:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Given unmodified factory weapon, with the previously mentioned considerations, the real difference is $$$.  Is it worth it to you to have those features knowing they will not make the rifle more accurate, reliable, or easier to shoot?
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 5:14:08 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
A post ban rifle cannot have more than TWO of the following features...

Pistol Grip
Detachable Magazine
Bayonet lug
Flash supressor
collapsible stock

What I am I missing?

Mike

edited because I can't type anymore today.

If I remember right, a post-ban can have a detachable magazine plus ONE from the list.  To be considered an "assault weapon," it MUST have a detachable magazine.

The price of pre-bans may come down soon since the federal law is scheduled to sunset next year.  Some states (mine own included) have passed laws to extend the federal indefinitely).

Is it worth it?  Yes.  Pissing of Chuckie "do as I say but not as I do" Schumer is ALWAYS worth it.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top