Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/31/2002 7:12:58 PM EDT
Like I posted traded a Ruger#1 stainless with laminated stock in 45/70 Gov.    Got in trade a new 100& 22 year old browning model 2000 12 gauge,vented ribbed , steel shot 2 and3/4 inc 30 inch barrel. Flawless never been shot ,or wood dulled or scratched.  Built in Belgium auto-matic shot-gun.

I know the gas rings must be dried out by now if they are rubber,right?

Also got an EAA stainless witness in .45 acp ,my friend wants to trade me a Walther P-38 (P1)  I would say made in France,with two mags,holster,cleaning kit so on.    Should I keep the Witness It's made in Italy and doesn't have the connector link pinned to the barrell like the 1911.

Has a rotating lug devise (like the star pistols)  What I am wanting to know is the Walther a Good stand up pistol,as it has duel springs(like the desert eagle) in smaller form.

I see two return springs as being twice the trouble to worry about wearing out.

Both are about equal in price!   What do you guys think,other than both guns probably are a POS.     Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks   Bob    
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 9:07:38 PM EDT
[#1]
No hurry guys As I don't get a chance to do this till monday,would like any input on the walther p-38  P1 .   The only reason I am making all these strange trades is I have many guns(have posted them here but no takers) is to trade guns for other guns that I know some friends would like to buy.

We had a sudden death in family and am selling a lot it not all my guns,some are just not what everybody wants.      So tappdancing around all possibilies.    

Thanx    Bob  
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 9:14:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 9:22:10 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Try posting in the Walther section-handguns.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?id=27

Hannah_Reitsch seems to really know her stuff and she is very conscientious about responding quickly and keeping an eye on her forums.

Dude, aren't you like 9 hours into a 19 hour drive, or did I post my intimate memories of my Chevelle for nothing?
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 9:35:25 PM EDT
[#4]

traded a Ruger#1 stainless with laminated stock in 45/70 Gov.

My dream gun!  I saw a blued one in a shop Tuesday.  I'm going to have to sell blood or something like that to buy either that or a Marlin stainless lever action in 45/70.  The price is just too steep for me.

The Walther sounds just like the ones AIM Surplus (www.aimsurplus.com) advertised for sale a few months ago.  If I remember correctly, the ad said that the pistol was a copy of the Walther, and that it was made in France.  Again, my memory might be incorrect, but I didn't sound like those were actually made by Walther.  If you hit a dead-end on finding info about it, a call to AIM might help.z
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top