Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/31/2002 2:42:01 PM EDT
I am toying with the idea of purchasing a Remington Mod. 700 in .308.  Can someone explain the difference in the various models.  
What's the difference between the LRT and the PSS?

I am leaning toward a 20-inch heavy barrel, I prefer accuracy over weight. I want something for long range accurate target practice and possible deer hunting.   Any thoughts or feedback?
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 5:21:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Hello,
i have both in 308 cal, the LTR is good to go for 700 yds shooting 175 Sierra match also for deer hunting mine shot Win black talons 180 grn right at a inch at 100 yds . i did take a nice buck with the LTR also. the LTR aims good off hand , the weight mine weighs in at 11 lbs loaded iam sure you can nock a pound or two off depends on your scope/mounts and if you use a bipod. my Pss weighs in at 14 lbs loaded . you can read about the stock on the LTR @ snipercountry . the Pss will make a good beanfield rifle/tree stand the LTR you can carry all though like i said it is alittle heavy . barrels are 20 & 26 inches . if you have any questions drop me a email .
TS2

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top