Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/30/2002 4:27:36 PM EDT
I am planning to build up the ultimate in a home defense shotgun. I have never been a big fan of shotguns with a pistol grip only and no stock, but I think this one may come out that way. I plan to mount a light as well as a laser on it. The laser will make the shotgun easier to aim without having a stock attached and keep the thing compact. This will be a pure home defense (CQB range) shotgun. I am hoping to have a finished product similar to the Scattergun Technologies Ultra-Tech 870.

I have looked at the Sure Fire M900 vertical grip and picatinny forend, which will also house the light and laser. Where is a good place to get these? And is there anything else that might be a better value? Does anyone know of a good light or laser system to use? I also plan to attach a side saddle and add a tritium insert to the front site. I am hoping to build the best gun I can for the best value possible. The shotgun will either start as a stock Remington 870, Winchester 1300, Mossberg 500 or a Mossberg 590. Any info, pics or suggestions about such a gun or the accessories will be greatly appreciated.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top