Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/30/2002 3:15:27 PM EDT
Does anyone know of a good source for these? My friend has one and can't find any ANYWHERE! Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 3:24:03 PM EDT
[#1]
If you can find M-14/M1-A magazines, Armalite will convert them to AR-10 magazines- though I heard here that the mags you send them aren't necessarily the mags they send you back, they might send you "equivalent" magazines which were M1A mags they already had and converted them for future buyers.

These guys are a truly excellent source of M14/M1A mags in terms of quality, price and customer service, and have been mentioned here many times as a source of M-14/M1-A magazines.

Go here and click on "Product Info"

www.coledistributing.com

Link Posted: 5/30/2002 5:13:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Gunner-1,
Armalite also makes factory 10 round mags that you can order direct.  www.armalite.com
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 6:32:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Do a search in the Magazine Forum or the AR-10 Forum for mag kits. Should find lots of info.

Magman at ar15mags.com usually has kits for sale. So does Don Smith in Oklahoma. Search for Don in the magazine section of the AR-15 section of the Equipment Exchange.

If you search for info on mag kits you will learn that you still need to have an M-14 mag to complete the kit. Going that route may be faster than getting on the Mag Waiting List at Armalite.

Another good place to find some info is to go to the Industry Forums and look in the Armalite section.
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 11:24:30 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Does anyone know of a good source for these? My friend has one and can't find any ANYWHERE! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to MY world!  >gg<  After a long & discouraging search for mags for my AR-10, I've decided to bite the bullet & simply buy 20rd mags from Armalite.

I'm skipping the conversion route. Too many variables to screw up there & Murphy IS alive & well regarding firearms.
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 6:21:53 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I'm skipping the conversion route. Too many variables to screw up there & Murphy IS alive & well regarding firearms.

No, not really...there are no more variables than in buying the mags from Armalite...because those mags are EXACTLY the same as the mags you would get if you send your own M14 mags to Armalite for conversion.  I agree that converting the mags yourself is more risky, but having Armalite convert mags you buy is your best bet financially.
Link Posted: 6/2/2002 9:13:09 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
No, not really...there are no more variables than in buying the mags from Armalite...because those mags are EXACTLY the same as the mags you would get if you send your own M14 mags to Armalite for conversion.  I agree that converting the mags yourself is more risky, but having Armalite convert mags you buy is your best bet financially.

The cheapest I'm seeing M-14 mags are around $50. I see some Chinese mags for $35 but I'm avoiding those for quality reasons. So if I spend $40 per mag & have Armalite convert them for, what $35?, I'm still at the price of buying a NIB 20rd mag from Armalite. Even Cole Distributing doesn't have cheap M-14 mags anymore.
Link Posted: 6/2/2002 10:52:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Armalite will convert them for 5 for $100.You just have to ask for it.If you buy the like new M14 mags from Coles for $37 that will take your cost to $57 or so.Or you can probably find 'em cheaper on the equipment xchange.

Chinese mags are just as good as GI in the case of M14 mags.You're not thinking of USA m14 mags are you?When I sent 3 GI and 2 Chinese to be converted I got back 5 Chinese converted.

Obviously the mags you buy straight from Armalite are converted too.The only difference is they will have a floor plate with the Armalite logo and the ones you send to be converted will not.So really you're paying $20 extra for a floorplate with the Armalite logo.

My AR10 can't tell the difference between them.
Link Posted: 6/2/2002 12:47:07 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I see some Chinese mags for $35 but I'm avoiding those for quality reasons.

No reason to avoid them.
1)They are just as good as GI
2)You don't get back the exact mags you sent anyway
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top