Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/29/2002 1:27:49 PM EDT
And my first (of hopefully many) post!

Well I've finally done it.  My first AR.  Bought a Bushy 16" A2 HBAR, no brake.  I'll change that if I can't stand the whopping kick... ;)  Unfortunately I can't take it to the range for about a week because of work... :(

Any advise to a newbie about breaking it in, what to expect with it, etc...?

Man it's a pretty rifle, and much more comfortable to hold than my AK! (SA M-7)

Pardon my ability with a digital camera.  Here's a picture of it with my SA M-7.

I think that aimpoint will be sitting on my AR pretty soon.....

Patriot328
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 1:56:20 PM EDT
[#1]

Welcome to the neighborhood.
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 2:03:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Houwyadoooin

Link Posted: 5/29/2002 2:26:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Welcome aboard. Nice rifles!

Good call on the Bushmaster as your first rifle, you won't be disapointed. My first AR was a 16" Bushmaster as well.

Stick around here, and you'll learn everything you need to know.
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 4:52:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice rifle. Congratulations!  

I am right behind you, ordered a Armalite flat top with 20inch barrel with black furniture, but it won't  be in till October!  I too will continue to hang out and learn.  I enjoy hanging out here, good humor mixed in with educational tid bits about ARs.  
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 4:59:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Congrats! You did good on the bushy. Regarding breaking in of your chrome-moly barrel, just shoot, shoot, shoot. Look up the FAQ section of Bushmaster's website to find many answers to your questions.

Link Posted: 5/29/2002 5:28:34 PM EDT
[#6]
***WARNING***

The site is hazardous to your health, relationships and financial status.  Leave immediately and there will a very slight chance you will not be affected the highly contagious condition which exists within these forums.

***Enter At Your Own Risk***

223REM
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 5:29:45 PM EDT
[#7]
That's a good rifle.  Now get yourself some GI 30 round mags and a case of South African M1A3 ball, it's the stuff in the brown 300 round battle packs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top