Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/28/2002 4:49:34 PM EDT
I have a craving for a polymer rifle. Trying to decide between getting a Cav Arms lower and putting one of my Bushmaster uppers on it, or enduring the wait and getting an AR180B. Which would you do?
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 5:05:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Well,

I vote Cav Arms.

Choice of color, and you can tailor it to whatever type of AR-15 type rifle you want at the time.

M-4 on Mondays....
Dissipator on Tuesdays....
Varmint setup on Wednesdays......

Well you get the point.  I think Cav arms is the more versatile option, and colorful if you wish as well.
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 5:18:24 PM EDT
[#2]
another vote for cav arms

more versitile
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 5:46:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I love my ugly 180B so I gotta go with "ARlene" but Cav makes an interesting lower, is less expensive and it is interchangable with AR-15 stuff while the 180B only uses the trigger group and mags.   That didn't help any, did it??
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 6:52:25 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm not positive, but I THINK that the answer may be as easy as "when do you want it?".
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 11:13:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 12:42:04 AM EDT
[#6]
I got here on time!!!

BUY BOTH!

Yes, I beat all of you who knew you wanted to say it.
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 4:31:27 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I got here on time!!!

BUY BOTH!

Yes, I beat all of you who knew you wanted to say it.

LOL! Smart@ss.

I might indeed get them both one day. After sleeping on it though, I am thinking I will probably just get a Cav. I have a Dissipator upper that I could put on it. Might look for a 180B once they become more available.
Cavalry Arms seems to have a great reputation (shameless plug for Gary), and I think that their lowers look just different enough from a standard AR lower to be, well, different .
Gary, If I get my dealer to order me one, what kind of time frame does it take, ballpark, for just a standard black complete lower?
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 5:07:58 AM EDT
[#8]
I dont own either, but I vote for the Cav15.  Immediate delivery sure kicks the ass of a multiple month wait.

Kharn
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 6:12:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Two important points:

- the AR-180B is very scarce right now, which means people are paying premium prices for them.   Hopefully in a few more months they will be all over the place, and at a reasonable cost.

- the CAV-15 lower is $150 or so.  This is chump change.  You can get a good parts kit for about $70 or so, and you're done.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top