Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/27/2002 8:21:48 PM EDT
Hi all,

Just bought my first glock at the gunshow in ft. worth this weekend.  i gotta glock 17 (9mm) with nite sites.  The pistol is sweet as hell.  very accurate and easy to handle.  my only gripe is for a company to put so much into research and design, they could have designed a better looking case.  i looked at it an almost laughed.  i thought that it was some type of strange martha stewart tupperware.  kinda like parking a 100,000 car in a shack for a house.  that, fortunately is my only gripe about a glock.

later
lojack
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 8:26:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 8:35:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 8:37:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 8:52:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Hey, the cases are great! How do you except me to store my leftovers?
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 9:00:40 PM EDT
[#5]
I got a Trijicon scope for an AR, and it came with a nice case I can now use for my Glock.
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 9:07:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Pistol cases! What a laugh!

Wrap that Glock in quality leather gear, or if you have to, Kydex.

Store that bad boy inside your big ol' safe and lock it when you're not around or carrying it.

And put that plastic Glock case up on some high shelf in the closet just in case it ever needs to go in for warranty work (which it won't).

And buy a pistol rug and/or range bag if you are shy about keeping it on your hip when going to the range for practice every single month, at the least.
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 9:16:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Tupperware is the correct wording to describe a Glock case.  However, I have owned several Glocks and the only time they were put back into the case was to sell them.

I am not Glock basing...I actually like Glock pistols.

medcop
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 9:19:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Just a suggeston from personal experiance.

Get rid of the nite sights or use a paint pen on them.

They will light you up in the dark.
I have watched someone with night sites walk down a trail when I couldn't see anything, but I could dam sure see the night sites.

It will be much worse in a dark room...

Get a Surefire light, and prectice with it.

C.g.
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 9:34:53 PM EDT
[#9]
In a hundred years that Glock Tupperwear case will be as good and tough as the day it was new. Can you say that about the Shitty Cardboard box with styrofoam insert that my Colt Gold Cup came in.

Lets see my Colt AR came in a shitty cardboard box, Armalite AR10 shitty cardboard box, Goto a gun show and look at all those NIB guns that travel back and forth with dealers. See how many guns NIB have worn out shitty cardboard boxes. Yep the Glock Tupperwear box is the best and longest lasting of them all.
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 9:45:23 PM EDT
[#10]
I have all the boxes stacked up in the closet.  I really don't use them ever again.  I have a breakdown shotgun case that most of them fit in that I transport them and then the go in the safe.
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 10:29:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Maybe you could buy yourself "The Plug" for the Glock and that might make you feel better about that cheap useless plastic box your pistol came in.
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 11:15:37 PM EDT
[#12]
>>Get rid of the nite sights or use a paint pen on them.
They will light you up in the dark.<<
If that is your biggest problem, you have no problem. The benefits of night sights seem to far outweigh any percieved downside, as evidenced by the overwhelming use of them by organizations that do a lot of testing, th e Oklahoma Highway Patrol being one of them.
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 11:21:18 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

The pistol is sweet as hell.  

know what else is sweet?  Ninjas, and by sweet i mean totally cool.

Hmmm Martha Stewart + Glock = Combat Tupperware  LMAO
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 11:24:15 PM EDT
[#14]

Get rid of the nite sights or use a paint pen on them.

They will light you up in the dark.

I'm no expert, but usually the gun points toward what your shooting at, and the sights are only visable from the rear of the gun.  Unless you hold it backwards of course.
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 11:41:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Some of you have missed the point. A glock could easily be a $1200. gun due to all the things that make Wilson Combat, HK, etc. sought after, ie: reliability, accuracy, etc. The reason Glock is your $409.00 deal of the century is because of their no-nonsense approach to building and marketing that gun. The plastic case is on the bottom of the priority list for where your dollar goes. Most of us don't want the gun to cost $509.00 due to really nice padded molded case, stacked at the top of the closet.
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 1:53:04 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I am not Glock basing...
medcop

I'm not familiar with that term.  Have people found a way to freebase with a Glock?
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 4:33:46 AM EDT
[#17]
I never use the cases once I get the pistol home either, so I would rather not pay for a one time only carrier
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 5:39:35 AM EDT
[#18]
My Glock is always in its holster which is usually always on me. Except when I am in occupied territory like I am now, I really hate going out of state
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 6:29:15 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I'm not familiar with that term.  Have people found a way to freebase with a Glock?

Searching thru the carpet for a piece of Glock???
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 6:38:00 AM EDT
[#20]
I like the Glock cases.  They're much more compact than most other manufacturers' pistol cases (e.g., Springfield Armory's little blue suitcases) and they don't fall apart like the cardboard boxes do.
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 6:40:27 AM EDT
[#21]
No gripes until it blows up in your face!  Glocks are nice, nice for me to poop on  

Lots of humor there, no flamage..
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 8:29:21 AM EDT
[#22]
And here I thought you were going to complain about the stupid finger grooves, unnecessary "hump" on the backstrap, too-narrow trigger guard, the flimsy, mushy trigger with the "safety" lever that doesn't really do anything, or perhaps even the excessively tight yet unsupported chamber.

I don't use pistol cases either.  I guess if you only had one gun it would make sense, but they are too bulky to store and too impractical to use.  I pack all my pistols in a padded aluminum case, and keep ammo in .50 cal ammo cans.
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 9:44:27 AM EDT
[#23]
Here you go: When I was setting up my 802.11 wireless conection to my neighbors cable modem (!) I needed a weatherproof enclosure for the card/usb adapter. It had to stay up on the roof in full sun and rain. I looked around the house for an hour..... AhhhHaa!

I am sending this post *from* a Glock case!
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 11:19:12 AM EDT
[#24]

too-narrow trigger guard

You think the Glock trigger guard is too narrow?  
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 12:43:53 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

too-narrow trigger guard

You think the Glock trigger guard is too narrow?  

Well, when my trigger finger rubs against the trigger guard in two places when firing, I'd guess that was the problem.  'Course it could be the goofy angle at which the grip frame requires your finger to enter the trigger guard that does it.  
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 3:04:59 PM EDT
[#26]
Ahhhh.....

Nothing quite like combat tupperware!
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 4:12:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Hi all,

lol it seems like i have struck a nerve lol.  humm seems like some people either love them or hate them. but to each their own.  i just like the cases that came with my cz 75 and my colt 1911.  i guess that i could chunk the tupperware and move up to saran wrap or aluminum foil  lol.  i think that i will go with the saran wrap.  it has the different colors.  lol.  im just a little disappointed in the case.  it takes way too long to put the freakin top on.  at least i dont have to burp it like tupperware.   humm maybe i can throw a glock tupperware party  lol.  

later
lojack
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 4:17:47 PM EDT
[#28]
I do not know why I even keep Glock boxes.

Habbit I guess.
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 4:31:37 PM EDT
[#29]
A bit of creative file work will eliminate the "rub spot" on the trigger guard, and make it most intimate with the contour of your middle finger. Some recommend a dremel, but for me a small rat tail file and a bit of fine sandpaper did the trick just fine.

Link Posted: 5/28/2002 4:47:21 PM EDT
[#30]
I'm really not a fan of the damned plastic pistol with no soul. However I am now issued a 23 and have become comfortable with it. Last week I qualified and shot a 98% with it. In the past I usually carried either a Ber 92 or a 1911. I also shot both of those last week  and actually didn't do as well as with the Glock! I guess for me it's time to accept the Glock and try to realize its strengths and miminize its weaknesses.
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 6:31:34 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:A bit of creative file work will eliminate the "rub spot" on the trigger guard, and make it most intimate with the contour of your middle finger. Some recommend a dremel, but for me a small rat tail file and a bit of fine sandpaper did the trick just fine.

For me the problem isn't the middle finger but the trigger finger.  When I have the gun in a comfortable grip, my trigger finger rubs against the top side and bottom of the trigger guard every time I pull the trigger.  About 50 rounds is all I can take before my skin is raw.

If I try to get more finger on the trigger, the gun shifts in my grip and bruises my thumb knuckle something fierce.  My G23 and G30 are the worst offenders.  The G17 doesn't do it as badly.

I guess it's time to either send them off to someone for a grip reduction, or sell them, because I sure hate shooting them the way they are now.
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 5:50:49 PM EDT
[#32]
Glocks are O.K., I guess. If they work for you, fine.

They just don't work for me, however.

I just can't get used to the "squishy" trigger that goes "Sproink!", the grip doesn't fit my hand, and the angle of the grip doesn't work for me. Also, lining up the sights on one reminds me of looking down an ironing board or a 2"x12"...
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 7:32:10 PM EDT
[#33]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Glocks are O.K., I guess. If they work for you, fine.

They just don't work for me, however.

I just can't get used to the "squishy" trigger that goes "Sproink!", the grip doesn't fit my hand, and the angle of the grip doesn't work for me. Also, lining up the sights on one reminds me of looking down an ironing board or a 2"x12"...

One thing about a Glock they do work and they work every time unlike alot of other pistols out there. As far as the trigger goes it feels like that from the first shot to the last, consistent. As far as I'm concerned they are the most reliable out of the box gun you can get, I'll put it up against any other auto on the market and I'll guarantee nothing is as reliable. As far as the tupperware is concerned they are good for storing extra mags, the only tupperware my Glock is in is my fobus holster locked and loaded.
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 6:39:44 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
 As far as I'm concerned they are the most reliable out of the box gun you can get, I'll put it up against any other auto on the market and I'll guarantee nothing is as reliable.

My Glock 17 with its extra tight chamber and my Glock 30 that won't feed 230gr LRN disagree with you.  I hate to say it but I feel that the SIGs I've owned (225, 226, 245) have been more reliable as far as ammo digestion.  I have also never had a SIG fail from limp wristing, but have had several Glocks short cycle because of it.  Just my experience, take it for what it's worth.
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 11:41:35 AM EDT
[#35]
I purchased a model 27 once.  I took it back the next day.  Glocks are VERY overrated in my opinion.  Glad i was able to get my mony back because i would have definetly wasted my money.
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 12:05:56 PM EDT
[#36]
i guess that you love them or hate them.  I hated them for the longest time until i shot one.  then i liked it a lot.  it fits my hand well and I might get a hogue grip, but that is standard for all of my hand guns.

later
lojack
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 1:25:17 PM EDT
[#37]
only prob i had with my glock was due to bad magazines
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 2:01:40 PM EDT
[#38]
Though people complain about the Glock's "squishy" trigger pull, i dont see how that matters. Your supposed to squeeze the trigger anyway.

I was looking at a .40 HK USP. Nice, but i dont like the heavy Double action pull on the first shot. Reminded me of the 92f i had.-the same 92f i broke.

There is no perfect pistol. There are many quality made pistols, but i personally find a gripe with each of them. I hope the new pistol that HK (HK 2000?)is working on uses a double action only trigger that is no more then five pounds.

Walther P99-paddle release is too hard to reach
USP, B92f-heavy DA trigger pull
M1911-Not reliable out of the box and the pistol i most often have to take to a gunsmith for this-n-that. 1911's are like women-they always want new things and treat you bad if you dont keep'em happy
CZ-75-Safty is not that well designed. can fail if worn down over time,CZ-85 correts this-not apparent
Sig&Sig pro-all of its controls are backwards, sits too high and has poor "barrel to grip axis"
Glock-decent barrel to grip access, but why cant they round out the edges. G21 are too wide
Ruger-toooooo wiiiiide-needs to be two-tone or you wont be able to tell the difference between the slide or grip. Ha ha
HS2000&Sringfield clone???-stupid grip safty, but otherwise OK
Hi-Power-Stupid mag safty, stupid mag retention non-safty

Who haven't i picked on yet? Oh yeah the HK P7 and variants.-stupid squeeze cock
Walther PPK-grip panels come loose sometimes. reliability issues.
SOCOM-is this really any better then a custom 1911? Bulky and wiiiiide
all Smith & Wesson pistols-Poor "barrel to grip axis"
Desert Eagle-pleeze. Bulky, wiiiiide, not cost effective.

lib whos gone to faaaaaarr
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 3:53:11 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
I purchased a model 27 once.  I took it back the next day.  Glocks are VERY overrated in my opinion.  Glad i was able to get my mony back because i would have definetly wasted my money.

Really?  That just goes to show why so many different guns are out there.  I LOVE my 27!  It is the perfect car gun for me.  fits so nicely in that little drawer behind the console in a suburban.  
May I ask what EXACTLY you hated about it?  For my money it was the best $480 I ever spent on a .40 caliber.  Goes boom everytime you squeeze and it has never failed to feed or function whatever I feed it.  

Link Posted: 5/30/2002 5:09:13 PM EDT
[#40]
I tuck my glock into my jeans or a holster or it sits on the night table when I sleep.  It never has time for the rubbermade box.
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 7:12:54 PM EDT
[#41]

My Glock 17 with its extra tight chamber and my Glock 30 that won't feed 230gr LRN disagree with you. I hate to say it but I feel that the SIGs I've owned (225, 226, 245) have been more reliable as far as ammo digestion. I have also never had a SIG fail from limp wristing, but have had several Glocks short cycle because of it. Just my experience, take it for what it's worth.

I know the Sigs are very reliable as long as you keep them clean. They have a nice fit and finish and have tight tolerance's which in turn will lead to malfunctions if not cleaned say every 1000 rnds or so. Usually the tighter the tolerances the more subseptable they become to a malfunction due to residue build up. Glocks don't have that problem, they are not as tight and the 4 little frame rails act as a self cleaner, less surface to surface contact which leads to more reliability. Sigs are also known for breaking trigger springs, I had a 226 about 10 years ago that broke a few when I used to shoot alot. But I will say Sigs are very nice pistols( own a few myself ) but I only carry one gun, if my life depends on it better carry a Glock
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 11:28:39 AM EDT
[#42]
Goofy? Methinks we have a non believer on our hands. Guards! Take him away.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top