Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/27/2002 6:05:08 PM EDT
OK, whats the deal on "posession" of a legal Class three weapon.
What I mean is: if someone I know owns a LEGAL M16, can I borrow it and take it out and shoot it without him present?
Next question: Post Dealer Sample. Could I borrow one of these and shoot it without him present?
Can I possess a "legal" full auto weapon if its not mine but I have permission to have it?
BP
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 6:21:04 PM EDT
[#1]
NO- owner has to be in some sort of control, such as being present while you are using firearm.
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 6:39:50 PM EDT
[#2]
SBR7_11 is rite
the owner or dealer has to have posession of it or YOU would be in posession of a unregerstered fa
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 6:44:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll third that. If you have one that doesn't belong to you and you get caught, bad on you. If the legal owner knows you have it and he's not with you then you are both in deep doo-doo.
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 6:45:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Thank you for your replies.One more question: If the weapon is corporate owned, can I become an officer in the corp. and possess it?
BP
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 7:52:05 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Thank you for your replies.One more question: If the weapon is corporate owned, can I become an officer in the corp. and possess it?
BP

if you are a coprate officer and the copration owns the gun you can possess it but just to CYA have a copy of the form with u when u possess the weapon
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 7:55:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Just take the gun, Bro.

If anyone approaches you when you are shooting, Fuckin Blast em!
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 8:25:01 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Just take the gun, Bro.

Always the voice of reason and moderation here at AR15.com
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 4:49:47 AM EDT
[#8]
markm,

Why don't you put your hypothesis to the test?  I'm sure we would all be interested in the results.

What a moron!

Moe
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 5:10:58 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Just take the gun, Bro.

Always the voice of reason and moderation here at AR15.com

Thanks Jewbroni! I spit Dr pepper all over my computer screen after reading your post!!ROTFLMAO
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 5:52:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Yeah what he said!...ROTFLMAO!
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 6:39:44 AM EDT
[#11]
If it is a corporate weapon, you should have a copy of the Form 4 and corporate letterhead identifying you as an authorized corporate representative to possess the weapon.  It would be a good idea to have that weapon specifically identified by model and serial number on the letterhead just to cover your bases.

The likelyhood is that you will be better prepared and better informed than anyone who might ask about the legitimacy of the weapon.  That includes most ATF agents who don't confront this shit every day.  Speaking from experience, if you obviously know the regs better than the person questioning you, they are likely to move on.

Better safe than sorry.

Saleen
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top