Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/27/2002 3:15:07 PM EDT
Which manufacturer, length and features would you recommend for gophers at 100-300 yards?
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 4:26:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I would go with the 24" barrel for velocity gains over the 20".

An adjustable two stage trigger would also be recommended.

Muzzle brake for spotting shots would also be nice. No need for a spotter then.
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 4:38:07 PM EDT
[#2]
One thing good about this board, is that you will get many different opinions, personal likes and dislikes, which gun will do what under which circumstance...my choice is the Bushmaster Varminter 24", this is based on my own personal experience and this is the only one that I have shot...my2¢

Take your pick, flat-top or A2 version

GIB
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 5:34:54 PM EDT
[#3]
A Rock River upper and barrel on a Frankengun.  It probably works as good as any of the other brands:

Link Posted: 5/27/2002 5:56:36 PM EDT
[#4]
I vote for the Bushmaster V-MATCH 24 no frills upper with a Hogue forend:
:
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 6:38:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Armalite AR15A4(T)

24" barrel
Stainless steal barrel
Barrel is triple lapped
Free Floated
2 stage national match trigger
MOA

Need I say more?

Hawaii
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 11:05:17 PM EDT
[#6]
I know these are not favorites here but if you got the cash a Les Baer Super Varminter W/24in.Except for cost can't beat them .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top