Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/27/2002 8:20:14 AM EDT
Is it a sutible foxing rifle??
I will mainly be using factory ammo, anyone know what type of groups are acheived with what ammo??
Can a Reflex silencer be added on the fluted barrel??

http://www.southern-gun.co.uk/graphics/new/1.gif

Sorry bout all the questions
Thanks in advance
James
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 8:36:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Foxing?
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 8:45:40 AM EDT
[#2]
It would make a fine foxing rifle, I have a couple of the standard HBARs and carbines and have put down a good many foxes, coyotes, mountain lions, etc with them.  Just like any other rifle, each of them like their own ammo but groups should hover around an inch at 100yds.  I would think with the heavier barrel and a good scope it would do better.  Don't know about a mounting a can on that barrel, I suppose you would have to have it threaded or something.  
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 8:48:33 AM EDT
[#3]
and you guys think I'm bad for wanting to shoot cats...  Woof  Woof...
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 9:08:43 AM EDT
[#4]
LGAnimalVet, did you eat those mountain lions, foxes, & coyotes?  I hunt deer & squirrel but they always make it to the dinner table.  I don't kill snakes just to say I did it or for the sport of it.  Predators have their place in nature too.
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 9:13:02 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I don't know if it could be added.  But, it's not legal unless you have a preban lower.  A silencer is considered by the ATF to be a flash suppressor, therefore it's an evil feature you're not allowed to have on a post ban rifle.
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 9:14:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Yeah!!  If ya wanna kill something for fun, go shoot some Telle bums...

Cat:  the other white meat!!
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 9:37:51 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
LGAnimalVet, did you eat those mountain lions, foxes, & coyotes?  I hunt deer & squirrel but they always make it to the dinner table.  I don't kill snakes just to say I did it or for the sport of it.  Predators have their place in nature too.

The harvesting of a certain amount predators is perfectly acceptable in the ecologically educated community. Look it up.
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 10:11:48 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't know if it could be added.  But, it's not legal unless you have a preban lower.  A silencer is considered by the ATF to be a flash suppressor, therefore it's an evil feature you're not allowed to have on a post ban rifle.

It appears he is in England. Quite ironic that surpressors are still legal there but we cannot own them here in the US without jumping through legal hoops and paying a "tax".

Link Posted: 5/27/2002 10:21:56 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

It appears he is in England. Quite ironic that surpressors are still legal there but we cannot own them here in the US without jumping through legal hoops and paying a "tax".

Woops!  My mistake.  Sorry ukar15.  I'm not familiar with the laws there.

Do you have a website where I could take a better look at this rifle?
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 1:31:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Cheers Guys, yes silencers are legal in this country though a pain to get granted, though all you have to say is that u dont want to wake up the neighbours.

The url for the site is http://www.southern-gun.co.uk/shop/products1.html

How much do the carbines go for in the USA with the stainless fluted barrel, houge grip, match upper reciver and match bolt ???

Thanks Again
James
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 3:37:17 PM EDT
[#11]
That looks like it would make a fine taxing rifle as well.  "Stand and deliver!"
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 3:42:16 PM EDT
[#12]
I thought you guys couldn't have a semi-auto centerfire rifle? Could you elaborate on the action and other configurations? Like does it have a fixed 5 or 10 round mag, is it a pump action or a straight bolt action with no gas system parts?

Please educate me.

Link Posted: 5/28/2002 8:52:58 AM EDT
[#13]
We are'nt allowed semi auto centerfires, but its is in a straightpull format, and comes with a 20 round mag, and 10 and 30round mags are optional extras

James
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 9:26:54 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Nope, left those miserable SOB's lay.  If you are trying to convert me to a "love all the little animals" person, don't.  I have lost a lot of money to those critters over the years and would like to see them all exterminated around my ranches.  Most of my neighbors and clients feel the same way.  Coyotes are one of the biggest killers of calves on the plains, along with mountain lions.  Foxes are the #1 rabies spreader around here too.  

I suppose if you don't make your living of of grass you wouldn't understand.  So I'm not going to shed any tears over them.

BTW, I kill rattlesnakes too  
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 9:44:20 AM EDT
[#15]
kill every rattles snake I see. "why"? you ask

because I don't like them, thats why
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top