Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/26/2002 10:35:17 PM EDT
I have a friend who lives in arizona, he knows a guy who is medically retired military. My question is, do medically retired military have the right to own unregistered machine guns, and rocket lauchers? In fact is anyone in the military allowed to take their MG's home? I thought the MG's stayed on base unless there was an emergency in which they were called on to enforce law or protect something or for training. Supposedly they are going to shoot the rocket launcher and a 50 which are actually military weapons. I'm kind of a little worried about this guy. Any info would help. Thanks.
Scott
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 10:38:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Hell no
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 10:41:48 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Hell no

Not just no.....BUT HELL< HELL< HELL NO!!!!

Stay the heck away from this guy, he will soon be getting a visit from somebody from some agency.  Maybe even several agencies!!  Deap Do do.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 10:42:39 PM EDT
[#3]
No one is allowed to own "unregistered" machine gun.  No military guy is allowed to take his MG home.  
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 10:44:05 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I have a friend who lives in arizona, he knows a guy who is medically retired military. My question is, do medically retired military have the right to own unregistered machine guns, and rocket lauchers? In fact is anyone in the military allowed to take their MG's home? I thought the MG's stayed on base unless there was an emergency in which they were called on to enforce law or protect something or for training. Supposedly they are going to shoot the rocket launcher and a 50 which are actually military weapons. I'm kind of a little worried about this guy. Any info would help. Thanks.
Scott

Maybe he's talking about Blaze of Glory guy from AZ.....  ;)
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 10:50:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Thats what I thought. This guy has a 50 cal mount in his truck. I think he is either a stupid ass or he is in one of those agencies. I better let my friend know. Thanks.
Scott
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 11:48:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Your friend sounds cool!

I wish my friend like that was still in the USA

He's busy killing arabs
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 4:45:10 AM EDT
[#7]
i am retired military & the same rules apply to me as to any U.S. citizen.......

altho..., when i was in the Navy on the rifle/pistol team i had my own accurized M-1 & 1911A1.., kept it at home all the tyme, then when it come tyme to turn the M-1 in i cudda bought it for $400..., back in 1972ad, that was a lot of cash when the military was only paying me about $500 a month !!!!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top