Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/26/2002 4:35:00 PM EDT
For inexpensive, 55gr. Berdan primed ammo, this stuff is surprisingly accurate.

Here's what 90 (ninety!) rounds look like at 100 yards from a 20" RRA "varmint" barrel:

Link Posted: 5/26/2002 4:44:29 PM EDT
[#1]
All in the "Kill Zone". Good job. I get just as good with my Colt and the South African stuff. Hope Sportsmansguide starts carrying it again soon.
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 4:56:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Good shooting.  We were at Grand River late this afternoon, but none of my barnaul groups were that tight.  I still gotta adjust the elevation, hitting tight groups, but about 3 inches low when I put the tip of the post on the bull.
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 6:06:09 PM EDT
[#3]
WOW!

I doubt that I could shoot a 10 round group that tight (including the fliers).  In fact, without more practice I'm sure that I can't.

I'm shooting MOM (Minute Of Man), but with that shooting you could be pulling headshots with your irons at 100....

Hey, wait a minute!  Was that fired with irons or a scope?  
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 6:17:05 PM EDT
[#4]
i love that stuff
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 6:45:55 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

OK, I'll admit that I used a scope and a bipod.  

However, I thought that I would post a pic not to brag about my shooting skills - but to show the consistency of this cheap, kinda stinky ammo.  (The few extreme flyers were me futzin' with the scope.)

This will be my *OFFICIAL* Bulletfest ammo.
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 7:34:30 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

OK, I'll admit that I used a scope and a bipod.  

However, I thought that I would post a pic not to brag about my shooting skills - but to show the consistency of this cheap, kinda stinky ammo.  (The few extreme flyers were me futzin' with the scope.)

This will be my *OFFICIAL* Bulletfest ammo.

I thought you were using iron site. I get that kind of groups with iron sites with my Colt. After the Lasix eye surgery I'm alot better with open sites
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 7:55:58 PM EDT
[#7]
I love the SA battle packs.  Great blastin ammo.  And pretty consistent to boot!

I admit that I suck at 100 yards with iron sights.  But I can make up for a lot of that with my flattop and Leupold Vari-XII 3-9X40.  

SWS:  If you'd have shot that with irons, I'd say you'd be a hero!  I'm still working on "groups" with irons at 100 yards.  But I'm resisting the temptation to get an Aimpoint until I've mastered the irons.  Then we'll see....

Oh, and for 90 rounds that still rocks, even witih a scope!!  Good job!  
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 9:42:13 AM EDT
[#8]
I usually get a 3" group with my Model ! H. barrelled 16". I could probably could do better if I wasn't in such a damn hurry all the time.

ALSO

DEE-DEE GET OUT OF MY GUN SAFE!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 3:55:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for the range report SWS!

note to the UPS man: get your back brace ready

hehehe
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 6:05:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for posting the pic! That south african stuff is great. I've shot 1.25" groups with iron sites with it, albeit off a bench. Niether it, nor me will do it everytime. But still, damn good ammo.
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 8:30:24 PM EDT
[#11]
I have had really good luck with the South African M193, for some reason my Scoped flat top RRA 16" middy shoots very respectable groups off a Harris Bipod with a sandbag under the stock with this Ammo.

I get My South African 193 from AMMOMAN.COM and the fact that it comes in the long term storage plastic battle packs is pretty cool to.
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 12:48:55 PM EDT
[#12]
How wide is the center black circle on that target?
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 1:11:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Good shooting.  I love the South African stuff.  For general shooting, it is hard to beat.
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 2:31:23 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
How wide is the center black circle on that target?

That's what's left of a 2" diameter Birchwood-Casey Shoot-N-C.

Each white block (the adjacent white rectangles) is one square inch.

Edited for spelling.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top