Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/26/2002 4:30:45 PM EDT
what is a good price for an ar-180 preban with folding stock and original magazine? he wants $899 for it i think it is a bit high so i need some help
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 6:24:02 PM EDT
[#1]
thats about what i see at the bigger shows.
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 7:24:26 PM EDT
[#2]
That's on the money at the shows around here...   More for a really nice one...
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 7:24:27 PM EDT
[#3]
The price depends on the manufactor's markings.
Howa commands a higher price. The Costa Mesa markings is the mid-price. Last, is the Sterling marks which has a lower price. The reason why the Sterling are priced low is the hit and miss in quality control when they produced the AR180 rifles back in the mid70's.
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 12:52:19 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
The price depends on the manufactor's markings.
Howa commands a higher price. The Costa Mesa markings is the mid-price. Last, is the Sterling marks which has a lower price. The reason why the Sterling are priced low is the hit and miss in quality control when they produced the AR180 rifles back in the mid70's.

But, $899 sounds about right for a Sterling.  A Howa or Costa Mesa would be even more.
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 1:23:23 PM EDT
[#5]
its an armalite ar-18
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 1:36:05 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
its an armalite ar-18

Look on it and see if it says "Howa", or "Sterling" or just "Costa Mesa".  Look on the upper for this info as well as whether it is an AR180 or an AR18.  If it is an AR18 (full auto) for $899, grab it.  However, make sure that he has all the Class III paperwork.  I know, we should all be able to own full auto without all that crap, but just be on the safe side.  

If it is a Howa, it will say in large letters "HOWA" on the left side of the upper.  If it is a Sterling, it will say "Sterling" in a smaller box, again on the left side of the upper, and if it is an 18 or a 180, this will also be of the left side of the upper.  All the pistol grips say AR18.  The guy I bought my Sterling from thought is was an AR18 because of the pistol grip, but he knew next to nothing about guns.  It had been traded to him for some auto work.  I got it for a $400, only because he didn't know and that was only years ago.

Post back after you double check about the above items.
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 4:31:48 PM EDT
[#7]
IT SAYS STERLING IS IT WORTH IT?
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 8:24:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Yes, it's worth it whether it's an AR180 or an AR18, especially if it's an AR18.  Just curious to know which it is.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top