Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/26/2002 9:36:16 AM EDT
I was at the range shooting yesterday and this guy shows up with his new SAR 1.  He immediately begins on me about my AR and how unreliable they are and how great the AK is.  To be honest I have both AR's and AK's and like them both and have had few problems with either.  I don't know why some people with AK's always bad mouth the AR.  Well anyway I tell him that any properly maintained weapon will work fine.  He then says will your AR do this.  He loaded the AK then took off the top cover droped sand and gravel in the action put the cover back on aimed down range and pulled the trigger.  When the carrier came back it jammed to the rear with the top cover bulged up and the rcvr looked bulged on one side.  What a dumbass.  I said " yea mine will jam when I do that to.  So I just don't ever do that"  I wonder if he ever got it unjammed.  Some people are just not too bright or believe everything they hear about the AK's total reliability.
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 9:47:58 AM EDT
[#1]
LMAO.............[>Q]
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 9:48:32 AM EDT
[#2]
ROFLMARFOAO!!!!!!!

Rolling On Floor Laughing My AR 15 Owning Ass Off!!!!!!!

What kind of a moron PURPOSELY throws sand and gravel into his rifle??

I own quite a few rifles and treat them ALL like gold. Heck I even freaked when a friend of mine set the rifle (New Remington) on its side on the cement and scratched it.

Well, for what its worth I hope that guy at least walked away with a lesson learned.

Thanks for the post. I now have a new story to share with friends.
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 9:51:34 AM EDT
[#3]
What a Dumbass. Some people have no sense at all. I have both. I like the Ar a hell of alot better than the Ak. I can hit bullseye everytime with AR. If I'm lucky I'll hit the paper with the Ak.
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 9:55:04 AM EDT
[#4]
LOL
My name sake is the SAR------but who the hell is that stupid???  AK is know for durablity, AR i know for accuacy....lets just say im selling the AK for my first AR
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 10:15:12 AM EDT
[#5]
The AK series does have a rep for being reliable, but so does the AR-15. Anyone who does what you describe doesn't need to have a firearm of any sort.  
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 10:15:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Someone on one of the gunboards did this same thing about six or seven months ago (successfully) and even posted a pic.  I suspect this guy may have read that post.  The MO is virtually the same.  I have four AKs and wouldn't do that.  I don't mind thrashing a rifle, but I don't go looking for trouble unnecessarily.
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 10:35:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Does he look like this?
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 11:00:34 AM EDT
[#8]
It sounds like that dumbass saw the History Channel piece on the AK.  During an interview with Mikail Kalashnikov, he bragged that the AK was designed to withstand a test similar to that the aforementioned dumbass tried.....only he specifically mentioned shaking the loose dirt out and cycling the action before firing.

Details, Details, Details you dumbass.  That ruined SAR-1 is just what he deserved short of excluding himself from the gene pool.

FWIW, if I would have been the range officer, he would have at least been banned for 1 year.  He's lucky it only jammed and destroyed his gun.

Saleen
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 11:07:29 AM EDT
[#9]
What a dumb ass , you can throw them in the dirt ; WITH the receiver cover on , AFTER you shake out what dirt and debris that you can ! Glad he wasn't in my unit during Desert Storm . To bad you didn't get a email address from the idiot . Think of all the pointers we could be giving him now !
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 11:12:40 AM EDT
[#10]
LOL!

What a Dumbass!  Maybe he learned a lesson....probably not.

medcop
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 12:02:52 PM EDT
[#11]
and a glock will fire if the barrel is packed with sand, so lets try it. i guess technically it would fire ...
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 12:08:36 PM EDT
[#12]
This is like the Glockaholics who always tell me that they can throw their Glock against the wall and it would still work and ask me if my Sig or my Ruger would do that.  I just tell that if I am having to throw my pistol it really doesn't matter much whether it will fire after that, as I am obviously out of ammo and in deep shiite.
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 1:14:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Nice, goober induced stoppage..I wonder if his next experiment will involve the removal of his cranium from his rectum?

Meplat-
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 1:30:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Forget about how dumb he was, are you sure that guy wasn't stoned or something?

That's the sort of thing a rational person does NOT do.  

If I was running our local public range and saw someone doing that I'd probably ask him to leave.

It's just the kind of person you do NOT want around.

Link Posted: 5/26/2002 1:34:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Wow.  That's great!

Here's a hot flash.  ALL self shuckers will jam once in a while.  That includes AKs.  The AK has a good reputation for function but a lousy reputation for accuracy.  So what did he want?  You handled it great.  Wish I was there.
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 2:49:33 PM EDT
[#16]
omg that funny as hell. I needed a laugh like that today.

I can see the expression on his face right now, let me guess that kinda retarded looking "huh imagine that" look.

if you see him again tell him I got a bridge I wanna sell him
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 2:51:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 2:58:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Where's the video camera when you need it, what a dumbass. LMAO
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 3:03:22 PM EDT
[#19]
He deserved it, What an idiot.
He messed up a decent rifle to not prove a point.
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 3:12:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Ahhhh.....just rewards!  I love to see irritating, ignorant, braggarts get their bubble burst!  Wish I could have been there.
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 3:24:20 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Does he look like this?

or like either of these?
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 3:28:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 3:54:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Campy here is an idea, since you have quite a few ARs and since you consider them worthless why don't you use one of yours?

And everyone else you it is absolutely impossible that what described happen occurred, everyone knows that you can fill the entire action with sand to the point that nothing will move and the AK will still function 100 percent reliably.  What we have here is a case of someone believe the myth and legend and not using common sense.
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 4:04:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Got to go with Campy on this one.  Bet that AK is back in action in short order.  As to the AK accuracy, I venture that my AR is about twice as accurate.  That means very little in offhand shooting as they are all more accurate than I could hold them.  I can hit a shoulders up silouette all day long at 100 yards with my AK thats plenty accurate enough for me.  If I were going to Camp Perry and shooting at 600 for score, no question, My Bushy is it.  If it abolutely positively has to go bang and hit within a 6 inch circle every time, I'll trust the AK.  What the retard that did this stupid thing forgot was that the action, although one of the most robust in the world, still needs room to move.
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 4:36:26 PM EDT
[#25]
I have seen a person who scoped his AK, handloaded ammo for it and got 1-3" groups at 100yards from a bench rest...
Too bad you could do better than that with an Ar-15 and Iron sights...

As for this guy, the weapon did not malfunction, his brain did...
Talk about a brain fart!

SO let's settle this Between The AK and the AR once and for all...

We can Line UP 300 of each Rifle's fans and let them shoot at each other at 350+yards...
Who ever's left standing wins!
Or We can Stand them 25 yards apart through thick jungle and  and see whose's bullet actually doesn't deflect that much!!!
Oh wait we did that, it was called Vietnam...
AK's win!!!!!

Link Posted: 5/26/2002 4:39:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Campy
My intention here was not to flame AK's, I own several myself. The fact of the matter is, this idiot went and purposely dumped sand and rocks into his rifle thinking that it was invincible. I don't care how reliable and ruggedly constructed the Kalashnikov design is, you dump stones into your lower receiver, it jams up, and it bulges out the sides.... you deserve to be mocked and called a dumbass.
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 4:55:43 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Or We can Stand them 25 yards apart through thick jungle and  and see whose's bullet actually doesn't deflect that much!!!
AK's win!!!!!

And which battle did it actually win in?  
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 7:18:59 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
AK's win!!!!!

Of course in the real world, where the rest of us have to live, neither the VC nor the NVA ever won a single battle against the American military.  
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 7:33:22 PM EDT
[#29]
I have had quite a few AKs through the years and fired quite a few more, and also had plenty of experience with M16s and ARs.
I have found them to be about equally reliable...I have not had jamming problems with any factory-assembled AR with anything but shitty Russian steel-cased Barnaul ammo.  I have not had major jamming in any AK either, but I have had jams, due to bad ammo, bad mags, and a couple badly-assembled guns (SAR1 and MISR).
In my experience, the AK afficianados make too big a deal of the whole reliability angle.
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 7:41:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 7:48:15 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 7:53:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 8:30:12 PM EDT
[#33]
  Yep, I bet the VC and NVA are real pissed... never won a stinkin' battle but won the friggin' war.What an embarassment for them.
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 9:03:37 PM EDT
[#34]
So which part exactly did they win? they lost, by their own estimates, 4 TIMES AS MANY MEN as we did. Then after 10 years of losing more men they signed a treaty to get us to withdrawl. Suddenly after we have no one there they role into saigon and Your friends the liberal, draft dodging pussies in the media proclaimed their victory. Don't listen to everything your communist teachers tell you. Most of it is a lie. Have a nice day.
Scott
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 9:26:32 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
some of the 58,000+ brave americans that died there would strongly disagree with you.

I would hope they would have been intelligent enough to know that the winning side loses people too.  Of course, nowadays Americans are so namby-pamby spoiled that they think it's an outrage if we lose seven men in a battle.
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 9:27:58 PM EDT
[#36]
I get dibs on predicting that this idiots last words will be

"Hey ya'll watch this!"

Link Posted: 5/27/2002 2:15:29 AM EDT
[#37]
Sorry
Like I told Rot I will be deployed by than.  Yes 58,000 Americans died, but how many millions of Vietnamese died?  

But I think it is bad taste for you to mention the Vietnam war or should you really talk about the brave that died since you were giving aid and comfort to those who were their enemies.
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 5:15:04 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
But I think it is bad taste for you to mention the Vietnam war or should you really talk about the brave that died since you were giving aid and comfort to those who were their enemies.

To be fair, he didn't bring it up...that was Chuck6419.
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 5:46:28 AM EDT
[#39]
Rick true, my mistake but he did mention those who did die in a way to say they lost.
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 6:34:03 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
  Yep, I bet the VC and NVA are real pissed... never won a stinkin' battle but won the friggin' war.What an embarassment for them.

It is in very bad taste and pitifully poor timing to be spouting off like this on today of all days.

Our Government lost the War, not the men who died fighting it.

I trust you will go and thank a Vet today for the freedom you have?
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 8:46:14 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
If I'm lucky I'll hit the paper with the Ak.

Paper
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 9:34:35 AM EDT
[#42]
Many people give the AR type weapons grief because of how dirty they get WHOOOPIE! So it gets dirty. One must remember that a Dirty AR is not a malfunctioning AR. That this type of "behavior" is completely normal. I also have both (AR's and Kalash's; note: I did not say "AK") with no problems from either.
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 2:47:47 PM EDT
[#43]
Why do I have a feeling that the rifle will be dropped 30 feet in such a manner that it lands flat and horizontal on a soft grassy turf; then it will be driven over with the rifle carefully placed flat and horizontal and evenly supported on the same soft turf, with the low pressure tire carefully striking the reciever trunion or some preplanned, predesignated best supported strongest location; followed up by throwing gravel in the action but removing it all prior to firing.

If I ran this test the rifle would be tossed out at a random angle to land 30' below on a gravel surface ( a fair compromise between grass and concrete) then the vehicle driven over it in the random position it came to lie in when it landed.  Pick up a handful of gravel and drop in the ejection port, and cycle the bolt a couple of times prior to firing.  No careful 'shake out' allowed to nullify the claim of gravel imperviousness.

Now assuming the stock didn't break in the fall, or the reciever wasn't bent too tight to allow the bolt to cycle, or the barrel didn't bend on impact or during the drive over, or the gravel didn't obstruct the bore or lock up the bolt movement....

Assuming all that, lets see somebody actually shoot it and hit something!

Link Posted: 5/27/2002 4:16:08 PM EDT
[#44]
 Hey Maynard, I wasn't knocking at all the Americans that died over there. They didn't lose the war, the gov. did. The facts are, no matter how many millions of VC and NVA died, ole Ho Chi took Saigon and the Country didn't he? Sounds like winning to me. Sometimes the winner pays a higher price than the loser. As far as thanking a Vet, well, that will be pretty easy considering I'm an active duty U.S. Army Airborne Infantryman, huh?
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 4:53:21 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
 Hey Maynard, I wasn't knocking at all the Americans that died over there. They didn't lose the war, the gov. did. The facts are, no matter how many millions of VC and NVA died, ole Ho Chi took Saigon and the Country didn't he? Sounds like winning to me. Sometimes the winner pays a higher price than the loser. As far as thanking a Vet, well, that will be pretty easy considering I'm an active duty U.S. Army Airborne Infantryman, huh?

Well Ho Chi Minh died long before the North (which is actually from a different ethnic group) broke the armistice that they signed with the US signed to our withdrawal.  So he never saw the North take Saigon.  Now if you would have posted the Vietnamese had one the war in a different subject there would be no argument, but since you posted in along with the factually incorrect postings of other about how the AK was the cause of VC and NVA victory on the battlefield, which no on can point to a battle in which that was the case.  As to your status as a veteran,  I don't think either of us technically are veterans since we are both on active duty.  
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 4:59:03 PM EDT
[#46]
I've owned both AR's and AK's they both have there pros and cons, as far as I'm concerned the pro's out way the cons heavily in favor of the AR. The AK is known for it's superb reliability but to me that is the only pro they have, you have to be 4'8" to shoot them correctly with their little short stocks and as far as accuracy there is none just spray and pray. I'll give up a little bit of reliability if thats the only thing the AK's may have over the AR's, and oh by the way my AR's have never jammed so I guess the reliability issue is not a factor, and I can knock the socks off gallon size milk jugs at 200 and 300 meters with my AR's with open sights. Try that with your AK.
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 5:22:07 PM EDT
[#47]
What a STUPID FREAKIN IDIOT!!!
I hope he never gets it unjammed. Maybe it would teach him a lesson(but I doubt it)
You know this AR vs AK thing is getting old. They are both EXCELLENT sytems and both have good and bad points. I've got AK's now, had 3 AR's at one time and getting ready to add another one(soon as I pick a manufacturer),but that's another story.
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 5:26:45 PM EDT
[#48]
Man, He's almost as bumb as Mike Tyson.
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 6:11:11 PM EDT
[#49]
Okay STLRN, I was too general there. So HCM didn't personally make it to the party, oh well.Still got a city named after him though. I never implied, nor do I think the other posters did, that the AK was the cause of the North's victory. We all know a multitude of other weapons were used by them. They won not because of the AKs but because they were more committed to the cause than we were. And I did not mean that I am a veteran, but as AD to think I would say stuff to insult those who fought is absurd.
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 7:11:52 PM EDT
[#50]
Life is hard.....It's harder when your stupid.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top