Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/26/2002 5:46:41 AM EDT
NRA's First Freedom mag, June 2002, page 48 shows the Colt Detective Special carrried by Ehrem Zimbalist Jr. in the TV series "77 Sunset Strip".

Something looks wrong with the trigger. Its all the way back but the hammer is not cocked.

Anybody know whats going on?
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 8:51:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Well, I have'nt seen the piccie you mention, but weither single action or double action ,if you pull the trigger back, it will eventually cause the hammer to be in this position.

Try it with an unloaded revolver..You'll see.

Meplat-

Link Posted: 5/26/2002 9:01:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Meplat,

me thynks you missed what the man said......

the TRIGGER is BACK & the HAMMER is FORWARD
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 9:18:05 AM EDT
[#3]
I saw the same thing and thought there must be something broken in that gun to cause it. HMMMMMM
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 12:32:23 PM EDT
[#4]
CactusJack- Try it. Unload a revolver, and slowly (double action, or single action,) stroke the trigger through.. The trigger will be to the rear, the hammer will fall.

Note the relationship between the trigger, and hammer, BEFORE you release pressure on the trigger..

Having not seen this referred to picture, I'm guessing it's in somebody's hand, with the trigger held rearward, and the hammer forward..A "just fired" condition..

Meplat-
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 12:54:48 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
CactusJack- Try it. Unload a revolver, and slowly (double action, or single action,) stroke the trigger through.. The trigger will be to the rear, the hammer will fall.

Note the relationship between the trigger, and hammer, BEFORE you release pressure on the trigger..

Having not seen this referred to picture, I'm guessing it's in somebody's hand, with the trigger held rearward, and the hammer forward..A "just fired" condition..

Meplat-

In the picture the gun is propped up on a table. The hammer is down. The trigger is all the way back with nothing tolding the trigger. Thats what is so wierd and what we're talking about
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 1:07:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Ahh.. Yes, unless it's been modified by one of the hollywood gun rental shops, it's got a bit of a problem..

Classic case of "A picture tells a thousand words"..

Meplat-
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 1:42:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Meplat,

thank you for being so understanding you "assumed" far too much when you did not take into account the gun was on static display, my guess is it has a broken trigger spring or it was removed......
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 4:56:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Glad somebody else noticed this, at first I thought maybe it was only a prop gun. I think you guys are right, it must have a broken spring.

BTW how about the all aluminium GE minigun prop gun? Thats kinda cool looking...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top