Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/24/2002 8:03:58 AM EDT
I have a source for a new varmint A3 upper, with stainless wilson bbl, 24" freefloated, and a picatinny railed front sight base. Price on this upper is $350 (less the bolt,carrier and handle). The only hesistation is that it is only in 1x8", and I'd really prefer 1x9" or slower for a varmint rifle. I know this is a good price for this configuration, but for about $40 more, I can get a new Savage Mdl 10 in .223!
I'd like to stick with just my AR as I have enough guns, but the price proximity bugs me.
So: the Savage, or the new upper?
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 8:58:44 AM EDT
[#1]
I think you have given youself false alternatives. You need to change the "or" word to  "and"....buy both..he he he  
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 9:48:45 AM EDT
[#2]
While we're at it, the builder is Tony's Custom Uppers and Parts out of Delta,OH. He was building some nice uppers at the last Richmond Showplace show for those of you Virginia arfcommers. Anyone done business with him? It looked as if he does good work, but I thought I'd see if anyone was familiar with his work.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top