Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/23/2002 12:56:56 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 2:53:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Back when CMP used to be called DCM(Division of Civilian Marksmanship, part of the US Army), after I sent my order in via registered mail, it took so long that I had completely forgotten about, until about a year later when I get a green reg'd mail pickup notice from the USPO. I think now they got it around a month or so.
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 2:57:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I sent my paperwork to CMP on 3/13 and my M1 showed up 5/21.  
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 2:59:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Wave,
I sent mine in about the same day as you!  It's a race!  From what I have heard, cashing the check means that they have got your NCIS back OK'd and have assigned you a serial number.  From there I believe they put you in a shipping batch, which means 2 weeks or so.  Have you caled to check status?
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 3:12:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 3:12:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Better stock-up on M1 clips and 30-06 ammo and let the fun begin.
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 3:16:18 PM EDT
[#6]
I just called my bank and, sure enough, my check cleared yesterday.  From what I read on the CSP forum, they have been taking 2-3 weeks after they claim the $$.  I might have it before I deploy this summer after all!  I ordered a can of ammo, too.  Probably get it first.
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 4:11:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Get home today, and find a Fedex package from CMP. Expect my M14 parts but I find a set of M1917 Enfield upper and lower walnut handguards. The box is addressed to me but the invoice is address to a guy in Amarillo, TX. I hope he can put my M14 bolt and op rod to good use.
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 6:33:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 7:29:36 PM EDT
[#9]
That's what happened to me!!!

I bought a service grade and a collector grade garand in January.  When they arrived, I put them in the closet.  I misplaced the paperwork, so I got out Scott Duff's guide book to see which was the real deal.  Turned out they both were!!! Genuine H&R and Springfield Garands, original barrels, bolts, trigger guards and stocks.  I was real happy with that.
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 7:39:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/2/2002 12:23:54 PM EDT
[#11]
I skipped all the CMP waiting and hoping you get some rifle worth half of what you paid an bought a N.I.B. Springfield,it may not be original USGI but for 450 more perfect finish new barrel and a lifetime warranty you can't beat it if you find one.
Link Posted: 6/2/2002 3:40:23 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I sent in my paperwork to the CMP on 5/9/02 for a USGI Service Grade Springfield Armory M1 Garand. As of 5/22/02 they cashed my check for $519.95, can't be long now right?

Wave, You finally took the plunge. I hadn't heard. Good for you. Up until they started letting you choose what type of receiver you wanted they were delivering within 30 days of receiving the paper work. They started letting you pick and about the same time started selling M1903's and 03A3's and all hell broke loose. Maybe things will get back to normal soon. I would expect your rifle in less than 3 weeks. Since they opened the CMP store at Camp Perry I've been tempted to drive up and buy another M-1. I guess living in Ohio ain't so bad after all. I'm waiting for a high number Springfield 03 or I would do just that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top