Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/23/2002 12:16:24 PM EDT
wheres the best place to buy an AK47 type rifle? I am considering the romanian SAR-1 from wholesale guns and ammo (www.gunsnammo.com) Although Ive heard some bad things about the romanian AK's. Is there a better place than the wholesale dealer mentioned above? Is there a better type/brand of AK to get? does wholesale gunsnammo sale the newer romanian models that  have the annoying flaws (such as trigger slap) fixed?
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 12:49:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Their prices on the SAR-1 may be just as good as that of anybody else. You might check Aim Surplus, J&G Sales and Southern Ohio Gun (SOG) before ordering.

If you want a really good AK, do a search for the SA M7. These may cost $500-$600 but are probably the best AK's on the market right now. The VEPR's are also good quality but they don't look like a traditional AK. Good luck.
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 3:59:25 PM EDT
[#2]
The biggest problems can be found on the front sight (crooked) and the hammer not striking dead center.  Both these can be corrected.  Trigger slap is another annoying problem---damn us trigger due to parts count.  most of the problems that were in the SAR 1999 models--the 2000 and 2001's from what i have heard are a lot better.  The best thing to do would be to buy one you have seen----I really suggest going to the dealer to get this weopon---check these problems to the best of your ablity.  

I have an SAR 3 and I love it---I am selling it now to sponsor my first AR---you will love your AK, and for the price you cannot beat a Romanian.

For further (smarter guys who know a lot more) advice go to www.ak-47.net  This was my old haunt and the best place to get ak advice.
good luck
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 4:02:42 PM EDT
[#3]
SAR-1 is a fine AK, I had one and it never jammed and was fun to shoot, you should be able to find one NIB for $275-$325
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top