Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/23/2002 9:40:14 AM EDT
Hey guys,
   Just recieved my RRA post ban M4 A3 Chrome lined uppper in the mail today... Thought you guys might want to hear about it.

Overall, Its a pretty nice piece of hardware.

At first, I thought the finish wasn't going to match my RRA lower, turns out the Upper was just drowning in CLP, after a quick wipedown, It looks alot better. M4 Handguards are of the glossy type, not sure if I like this or not. The fake flash suppressor looks great. Much better than my plain jain Bushy HBAR. Bolt/carrier are pretty tight yet, which is to be expected. I've mounted a EOTech 552 on the Pictanny(sp) rail with no problems. Overall finish is great. One complaint, Seems I can "torque" the hanguards to the left and right, just a fuzz. A bit annoying, but no big deal.

It fits in my RRA lower, EXTREMELY tight, but I have a feeling this is the lower, not the upper. Once in, it looks pretty decent. A quick question... When I shake the gun, I can hear a rattle. It soulds like the buffer, I took it out, and it rattles pretty good. Is this normal? My Bushy doesn't do this...

Overall I am happy with it... I do have an A2 stock on it which is going to have to go I think. It just doesn't look right. I'll have to post a range report when I get out and shoot it...

-Jared
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 1:03:49 PM EDT
[#1]
The inserts in the buffer are supposed to slide back and forth, and should be doing it in the bushmaster as well as the RR. It's possible that the Bushie unit is a little better insulated than the RR, so you're not hearing the pieces rattle, but you should be able to feel them sliding back and forth when you shake it endways in your hand.  If you can't feel them, then it's the Bushie unit that needs to be looked at. Of course, if the Bushmaster is functioning OK, I wouldn't really worry.
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 7:50:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Grizzly, First and foremost I'm glad you are happy with your new toy.  But why would you get a chromed lined barrel instead of a chromoly barrel. What is the price difference for the two if i may ask?
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 8:20:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Both buffers do as they should. RRA is just a little louder than the bushy.

Yips, Chrome lined bbls/chambers are more reliable than the chromoly. Are you sure your not confusing the two? Price difference was 30.00. Well worth it, if you ask me.

I've got an EOTEch mounted on it.. I think I'm going to have to get some ARMS goodies to mount on it now.

-Jared
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 5:44:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Yips,

The barrel IS chrome moly steel.  The (hard) chrome plating is applied over that steel, to increase resistance to wear, corrosion, and crud.
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 6:15:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 6:21:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Ordered the chrome lined upper from Donnie at SableCo day before yesterday. Can't wait.
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 4:25:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Hey guys!
  Finally got to shoot the M4 upper. What a blast it was. Shot about 250 rounds throught it withougt a single problem. I did have the bolt hold open with one round in the mag. I think this was a magazine issue.

Seemed pretty accurate, although I was only plinking at about 50 yards.

The EOTech 552 is pretty awesome. Its alot of fun to shoot with.

Then I got to try the bump. I am able to get about 2-3 round bursts with my Bushy 20" HBAR. It was alot more fun with the lighter M4. I didn't have much ammo left, but got about a 15 round burst out of it. Boy, what a blast! If you can bump without getting a smile on your face, your to uptight!

Now I need to get myself an AK for bumping.

Love the RRA!

-Jared
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top