Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/23/2002 5:20:32 AM EDT
I have been looking at the DPMS Lo and Hi Pro carbines now for a while. There is just something that I like about them. Are these good quality, reliable guns? And do these guns have the 5.56 chamber so I can fire mil-spec ammo from them? R Guns has them for $620 and $640 each. Is this a good price? And finally, what would be a good choice in optics on these guns (something that won't break the bank)? I plan to use this for everything from plinking, varminting and even as a defensive carbine. Any thoughts?
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 6:12:19 AM EDT
[#1]
- DPMS uses a 5.56 chamber.  Mil-spec ammo is ok.

- This is not personal experience, but one fellow I talked to about his claims easy 1MOA groups.

- I have a DPMS sweet 16 and its build quality is excellent.  A good way to get into the AR game without spending a fortune.

Link Posted: 5/23/2002 5:04:12 PM EDT
[#2]
An associate of mine who is in the firearms business swears by DPMS.  I don't have a DPMS rifle, but all of the DPMS parts, accessories, and the multi-tool I have of their's is top notch.  Do a search on R guns or user name KMA then make your own decision on buying from R-Guns.  

As to optics, I just got a Kobra site with a weaver base for about $130 recently and really like it.  Built like a tank, throw lever QD base, choice of reticles and brightness.  Did I mention it is built like a tank but priced like a Yugo?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top