Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/23/2002 5:05:54 AM EDT
Is $385.00 a good deal on a flattop upper with a wilson matchgrade 16" with the M4 countour, 1/9 twist,chromemoly.A2 F.H.,W./lug.(pre b.)
The seller states the upper is FN. and is new,unfired.
NO bolt or C.H. or carryhandle.
I think the price is right,but I wanted to ask for expert advice,before I shell out hardearned cash-and eat baloney sandwichs for the next two months.hanks                 Jimmo
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 5:19:50 AM EDT
[#1]
IMHO, you should get the bolt/carrier and charging handle included, as that seems to much for just the barrel and upper receiver.

BTW, check the search for FN, they have miltary contracts and aren't allow to sell to civilians so, who knows what brand the upper really is.

Mike
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 5:20:34 AM EDT
[#2]
I think you could probably do better. Usually if a guy dose'nt know or has a generic mfgr. upper, they'll say it's a FN. The wilsons are pretty good barrels, but you can get a similar unit from (I think) M&A parts or Model 1 sales. Besides, for roughly the same money, you can get a mil-spec Bushmaster upper.
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 5:30:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Mr Willson,SchaffTablett,
I thank both of you for your quick,honest suggestions & advice.
           Jimmo
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 9:42:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Hear,hear on the above comments re FN uppers.  I've seen any number of ads for "FN uppers" including some from advertisers on this sight, and it just ain't so.  Was at a gun show last weekend, and examined a number of socalled FN A3 uppers.  They were, in every case, cruder than any of the others by aftermarket manufacturers, especially the ones marked "4" on the front and with the positioning numbers on the top.  Besides, last I heard only Colt was making M4's for the govt. Since FN is only producing for the US govt, any ACTUAL FN reciever would have to be either stolen or a piece of rejected material; and who would want any of that?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top